Burning down the house...

The bomb house, that is. Home in northern San Diego County, loaded up with explosive materials. The renter is in jail on criminal charges.

Burning scheduled to start at 11AM Pacific Time.

Asked by gdiamante at 2:00 PM on Dec. 9, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• http://www.signonsandiego.com/bomb-house/

Burning is underway already.

Comment by gdiamante (original poster) at 2:04 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• And another live feed: http://www.kusi.com/category/197113/live-stream

Comment by gdiamante (original poster) at 2:07 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• Interesting solution....
    parrishsky

Answer by parrishsky at 2:09 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• Yeah. They say it was so cluttered that robots couldn't access it, and it was too dangerous to send a bomb squad in.

Comment by gdiamante (original poster) at 2:13 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• I feel bad for the homeowner and the neighbors. They are SOL and have lost their property they cannot collect insurance on this at all. The neighbors were at risk for 4 years. Very sad what this guy has done. As a landlord who has lost property because a tenant opened a meth lab on my property I feel for them. I do month inspections now on all my properties and if someone doesn't like it they can rent elsewhere. Tenants like this make it not worth it to be a landlord. Glad he was caught before he physically hurt someone.
    Anonymous

• No one is yet saying whether the homeowner is being compensated for the loss. Just watching the coverage, it appears the surrounding homes are OK. The house itself is nothing but ashes and a few standingtimbers at this point.

Comment by gdiamante (original poster) at 2:47 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• I saw a report earlier that the home was considered a nuisance home and the homeowner will not be compensated. With the meth property I was out the money as well with no compensation.  One of the risks when you rent out property. 

Anonymous

• wild
    Jambo4

Answer by Jambo4 at 6:07 PM on Dec. 9, 2010