hhmmm not sure why

I am a christian. I do not belong to on church (church home) or anything but I do go to christan church from time to time. But when I went to a Catholic church I felt inner peace their. I loved it. Followed it for a bit. When I learned a bit about Islam I found, again, inner peace. Why is thats? I belive in God and his power but why did I find peace/happiness/joy in those other two religons?

Jazmineamomma

Asked by Jazmineamomma at 2:01 PM on Dec. 9, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• I personally believe all religions are different paths up the same slope, and we're all looking for the same thing. So sometimes, one partiuclar path suits us better than another. It's not right or wrong, just right or wrong for US personally.
    geminilove

Answer by geminilove at 2:04 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• Catholic is Christian. When anything is new it's fresh and exciting - that would be my guess anyway.

Answer by missanc at 2:04 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• I also attend a The Christian Church from time to time. It is too conservative for me, so I understand what you are saying. You need to go where YOU feel the best. Pray about it, God will lead you to your right path.
    Conley639

Answer by Conley639 at 2:07 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• yeah I know catholic is christian just when I went to that church my mind was at ease. Geminilove brought up a good point...most things are exciting in the begining lol
    Jazmineamomma

Comment by Jazmineamomma (original poster) at 2:21 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• It could just be that you feel that some things in all 3 religions are right. In my opinion I think that someone can believe in more then one thing. I know a lot of people disagree with me on that. But it is just how I feel. I hope you find what is right for you.
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 2:26 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• I also share Gemini's thoughts/beliefs.

All paths are a path to God. There is no one single right/true path. There is only the path that is right/true for each individual. We all have our own path (for some that is even the path of non-belief). The key is finding the path that is "right" for ourselves. Sometimes many paths will "speak" to a person (make them feel at ease, at peace, enlighten them to understanding..etc) sometimes only 1 path "speaks" to a person.

To me personally. The specific path (meaning: Christianity, Islam, Sikhism, Buddhism, Judiasm..etc) one chooses isn't the important thing. Choosing the path that is "right" for a person, "fits" a person, "suits' a person, a path that makes them feel peace/love/contentment etc is what is important.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 2:47 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• I wonder if you would feel that same "peace" if you went to a Jewish Synagogue? It would make sense since Christianity (Catholicism), Islam and Judaism are all descendant of Abraham and all worship the same God the Father.
    tobys.mommy

Answer by tobys.mommy at 3:39 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• I agree with some of what people have already said - that all paths lead to God. In my study/reflection I've felt a connection to the Divine through the various religions of the world.

I really like the way pixie said it. :)
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 4:19 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• I think exploring new things can help you understand your own beliefs more. Maybe it's God's way of telling you to learn more about your own faith as well as others because it can help you come to a greater understanding about what you believe.  

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 6:12 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• Ask God if it is HIS peace or FALSE peace..... He will tell you why.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 8:35 PM on Dec. 9, 2010