How do you deal with your feelings?

When something bad happens to you that makes you sad, mad, dissapointed, etc, how do you deal with it? Do you cry, do you vent, or you don't like to cry and keep everything in.

( I didn't know what was the right category, sorry it doesn't apply to relationships)

bratgirln1

Asked by bratgirln1 at 2:09 PM on Dec. 9, 2010 in Relationships

• Me. It depends on the situation that brought about the feelings at hand. In most cases, I take a cold hard honest look at the what I'm feeling and why I'm feeling it. Most of the time, when I'm really honest about that 'why" part, my feelings get right back into check. It's sounds weird, believe me I know, but feelings come from thoughts. We don't just "feel" what we feel stems from what we think. Our thoughts have a major part in instigating feelings. So, when I actually calm down (mad, sad, scared..whatever) and think about the situation, the feelings I'm having mellow out (so to speak). When I look at a situation and realize I'm "feeling" (whatever that feeling is) due to a situation I have no control over, then why waste my feelings. If it's a situation that there are only very clear options/solutions I focus on them instead of feelings.

Most emotional responses for me stem from an ego response, not a logical one.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 2:14 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• I go with what I feel. If I'm sad, I cry. If I'm angry, I yell and slam doors or cabinets. Make a lot of noise. If I'm happy, then I make jokes and laugh. What you see is what you get. I don't try to hide anything.
    hootie826

Answer by hootie826 at 2:12 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• Depends on the emotion. Cleaning is usually a good outlet for any emotion. Sometimes I cry if I'm sad or angry enough. Talk it out with someone, especially the person I'm sad or angry with. Listening to music and taking long walks have also been good outlets for me as well. Anything positive that helps release the emotion is good, but dealing with it head on if I can is the best way.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 2:13 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• I cry and react/take action/attack/execute revenge.
    ShouldHaveLeft

Answer by ShouldHaveLeft at 2:16 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• Thankfully I don't have many emotions. I have them...but they seem a lot duller than most poeple. I just tell everybody how I am feeling and get on with my day.
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 2:18 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• I usually don't do anything... I just get over it, but after doing that for SO long, I just wanna cry!
    bjojola

Answer by bjojola at 2:11 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• Sometimes I am sad sometimes I talk to friends sometimes I put a new quote on facebook.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 4:14 PM on Dec. 9, 2010