What is your religion or particular belief system or spirituality? adult content

I was raised Catholic. I ask this because I have been exploring different belief systems. I find that organized religion is not a very good fit for me, and I don't like being told what I should and shouldn't believe. I also don't like being told I will go to hell if I don't believe a certain way. I have always believed in a balance in the universe. What you do to others comes back to you. I am also a firm believer that as long as what you do hurts no one else, then go ahead and do it. A lot of people roll their eyes at me when I speak like this, but I think it is because it makes them uncomfortable. I consider myself very spiritual, just looking for a good fit. I have explored other forms of worship which are much different than the more traditional, and I am finding that my belief system seems to be more in line with those religions.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:11 PM on Dec. 9, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Agnostic/Atheist. I don't do religion. Spirituality is my own it doesn't conform to any given set of beliefs.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 2:14 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• I'm LDS. Which I guess does fall into tell you what you should believe though it also says question, pray, find out for yourself. recieve personal revelation. So it kinda walks the line in that regard I guess.
    I find that for my it's a mostly good fit. I still have some issues with some things, and I'm working through them.
    I see no problem with the way you believe. It may be different than how I beleive, but I'm okay with people being different.
    JadeRDragosani

Answer by JadeRDragosani at 2:15 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• I am wiccan and so is my husband. Although we are the same religion it is also super different. He is more druid where I am not. Its a great religion for me because I am like you....I grew up in a christian home and later on went through and serched for what I feelt was right for me. With what you said about ballance and if it dosnt hurt anyone then go for it that is how I have always felt. Look into it. I know is so much different then how you were raised but I love it. If you have questions about it you can message me and im sure some of the other women on here who are wiccan/pegan that would not mind you asking a question or 2 about it. I hope you find something that is right for you. Good luck in your search!
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 2:23 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• I was raised Hindu.. I'm married into a Sikh family/household.

Those 2 religions I am most active in.

However at this point and time in my life. I do not follow/adhere to just 1 single religion.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 2:41 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• Lutheran.
    sopranomommy

Answer by sopranomommy at 3:05 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• I practice Buddhism. It is more of my philosophy/lifestyle than an organized religion per se. In terms of my beliefs about God, I've always been more of a pantheist. I tried for a long time to fit my beliefs in the box of monotheism without it ever being a comfortable fit. I also have some interest in Gnostic Christianity. I think spirituality is big enough that we don't have to make it fit into little compartments.
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 3:16 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• Paganish. I tend to drift around under the Pagan umbrella and haven't really found anywhere that fits me just right yet.
    Groovyflor1

Answer by Groovyflor1 at 3:25 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• Best way to describe me is IndoWiccish Witch
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 3:41 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• I am a Pantheist, and I practice Buddhism. I am interested in many religions and philosophies in general though. I was raised as a Presbyterian, and later practiced Wicca for a few years. I have also explored ideas of atheism, agnosticism, humanism, and post-theism. I am generally open to any ideas that don't conflict with science and reason, but Pantheism and Buddhism seem to be the best fit for me.
    pam19

Answer by pam19 at 3:52 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• I was raised Pentecostal, married in to Assembly of God and now we are going to a Baptist church. None of these are my religion of choice. I believe in God and that Jesus is the Son of God and our Savior. I do not believe in all of the political crap that goes with most organized religions.

scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 4:06 PM on Dec. 9, 2010