Christmas is around the corner and I don't know what

Hi, I need an advice

Christmas is around the corner and I don't know what to buy to my 22 month old boy. I just don't want to buy any toy. I want something that will last and he will enjoy. He is very active. Any advice is well appreciated.

Thanks

bratgirln1

Asked by bratgirln1 at 2:11 PM on Dec. 9, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My daughter is 27 months and we are getting her a train table with wooden thomas stuff. She loves trains. We are going to set it up the night before b/c by the time she opens all the boxes she will be bored. I think one or two nice things that they can interact with and learn from are much better than a ton of little toys that they will be bored with after a while. It's a fun age to shop for :) my DH and I dropped DD off at nana's and had a blast at Toys R us yesterday. good luck!!
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 2:16 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• For my kids, I just try and get a few smaller things that are suited for their age NOW, and the rest for slight older or ranged into older. Like for my 3 year old, she is getting a toddler scooter, toddler skates, board games designed to START now and she may understand them better through the year. DS is getting a weebles treehouse, some toy cars, etc...simple things he can mess with to use his imagination and that appeal to kids who are 6 months to 2 years. I mostly just find cute things, and check the age ranges. For your DD, I'd go with 2 years and up and some 3 years things if you think she could handle them.
    ErinHill226

Answer by ErinHill226 at 2:40 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• Does he have a kid-sized table and chairs set? Kids seem to love these! This could be a place to do crafts, eat, read or whatever.
    Sebbiemama

Answer by Sebbiemama at 10:00 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• what were getting my son is a toy story tricycle... he loves toy story n he can get some excersise 2
    nancy121308

Answer by nancy121308 at 5:20 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• my 2y daughtrs bday was in november and i got her a tinker bell quad for $50 frm walmart and at first she was scared to ride it but once she got used to it she loves it and rides it all the time, and she got a bike with training wheels, which is somthing that she will grow into and last a year or two until shes too big for it!
    stephanie_k

Answer by stephanie_k at 5:38 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• Well, I think what makes it harder to buy him something is that I have an older daughter and pretty much they have a lot of toys. But I already bought some board games for my older daughter and I haven't find at least one toy for him. Thank you so much for all you comments. Happy Holidays!!!
    bratgirln1

Comment by bratgirln1 (original poster) at 10:05 PM on Dec. 9, 2010