Anyone have Mirena and feel it during sex??????????

I have had the Mirena since May, and just tonight my husband tells me (while we are having sex) that I am hurting him. Says he feels something sharp poking the top of his penis!? So I am automatically thinking this is my strings on my Mirena.

Anyone else? If so, what did you do about it?

If not - don't reply. That doesn't help me out at all. lol. =)

MarlasMommy

Asked by MarlasMommy at 10:30 PM on Nov. 6, 2008 in Relationships

• Well I absolutely love my Mirena! This is the first he has ever said anything! I don't feel it at all, never had. Not really had any periods either. No cramps, nothing. So I am happy. But I don't want him to be in pain! lol. Don't let my question scare you away. It could work perfectly for you. =)
    MarlasMommy

Answer by MarlasMommy at 10:35 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• i have it and had it for 4 months now at first my man felt it and i got the strings trimmed and its been fine since then
    ldc90

Answer by ldc90 at 10:41 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• My doc said my strings were cut perfect! Do you think it could be falling out?
    MarlasMommy

Answer by MarlasMommy at 10:48 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• maybe, but if your doc checked on it, then she would of seen that it wasnt falling out. but if it was after that then i would deffinatly go to your docs, or maybe his penis is just too big.
    ldc90

Answer by ldc90 at 10:55 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• I've had this complaint only once with someone. But no other complaints. Not that that's an option for you, trying other people! But maybe he will get used to it? Or maybe not go too deep. Don't give up too quickly, try to hang in there a little while longer. It's a great form of BC.
    hopelessnance

Answer by hopelessnance at 11:10 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• My husband complains about the same issue many times, I don't think there is anything that can be done about it! Try different positions to see which is more comfortable for him
    determind

Answer by determind at 11:31 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• Haha i laughed when i first saw this. I have the same problem. it happens randomly i have it for a year and a half now and gone to the doc about 3 times for it they trimmed it and trimmed it and said they cant anymore or it will be short to pull out. and its hurt him about once every 10 times we have sex. and sometimes its such bad pain that we actually stop i feel bad but what are you going to do. its a great method of birth control i mean we dont use condoms or the pull out method and its worked great. i guess its something they have to live with, or change your birth control methods.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:34 AM on Nov. 7, 2008