Who is the coolest famous person you have met?

Back before I had children....lol I was a huge concert junkie. I have met a ton of rockstars but my favorite was Ringo Star. He kissed my hand and gave me a sunflower....cool stuf!!

Conley639

Asked by Conley639 at 2:18 PM on Dec. 9, 2010 in Entertainment

• That's awesome! I had lunch with Walt Wolfram, he's a famous linguist - well, at least as famous as a linguist can get.

I also got a postcard from my favorite author, Louis de Bernieres.

Fun question thanks! :o)
    FelipesMom

Answer by FelipesMom at 2:28 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• Vince Gill, he was very sweet and very caring. One of the most gracious was Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher. I met her with other Ombudsmen at a tea in CA at the end of the Gulf War. She shook every persons hand and spoke for several minutes. I think there was about 25 of us there. She asked to see pictures of our children. We didn't know what to expect but it wasn't this very genteel lady we met.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 2:29 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• Stephen J. Gould listened to one of my talks at a national meeting. He pulled me aside after I was finished and said I did interesting work (and that I needed to use more 'active voice'). That was crazy awesome - reading one of his books was the reason I went into the research that eventually led me to where I am now!
    Dr.Donna

Answer by Dr.Donna at 2:30 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• i was working at Old Navy while going to college in Claremore, OK. One day I had dressing room duty and I let this guy in a room and thought he looked familiar, but didn't pay too much attention. IT WAS GARTH BROOKES!!! Oh my, I was floored when he came out and asked if I wanted him to put up the jeans that didn't fit.....what the heck, multi-millionaires shop at Old Navy? He was super sweet.

Conley639

Comment by Conley639 (original poster) at 2:36 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• I met Paul Gray at a pet store one time. He was the bassist for Slipknot that recently passed away. My husband knew right away who he was, so I walked up to him and started a friendly conversation and acted like I didn't know who he was. He was super nice and funny. He talked to me about how he was probably going to have to buy another dog and looked over at his girlfriend who was playing with a puppy. So sad to hear that he had died. Wish his family the best.
    moviemom22

Answer by moviemom22 at 3:40 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• I don't know how famous he is, but my cousins are friends with Tony Hawk and I met him a few times.

jnsdrf

Answer by jnsdrf at 3:44 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• Moviemom22- He was great! I met Cory and James one year. I love how celebrities are just regular people.

Conley639

Comment by Conley639 (original poster) at 3:46 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• Tony Hawk is most definitely famous!!! I am jealous......lol I bet he is awesome to hang out with.

Conley639

Comment by Conley639 (original poster) at 3:48 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• Kenny Chesney. I met him at a karaoke bar when I lived in Texas, before I became a Mama. Cute, friendly, but a major flirt!
    wenona_mandy

Answer by wenona_mandy at 4:20 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• toss up between Lisa Bonet or Ben Harper.
    ainamama

Answer by ainamama at 8:18 PM on Dec. 9, 2010