Would you rather your husband cheat on you with a total stranger or someone you know?

My now ex- husband was with my best friend, and they are now married. Sometimes I wonder if he fooled around with a stranger if it would have hurt less, or is cheating cheating and it all feels the same?

Treefrog64

Asked by Treefrog64 at 2:20 PM on Dec. 9, 2010 in Relationships

• Stranger.

Both are devastating for their own reasons.

However for me personally, a stranger was easier to deal with . I would not have reconciled and rebuilt my marriage with my husband if he had his one night stand with a close friend or family member.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 2:22 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• I would rather he not cheat at all!

Answer by older at 2:24 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• Of course we don't want our husbands to cheat, but what would be better if I HAD to choose one?? Definitely a complete stranger. It's hard enough losing one person you love, I couldn't imagine losing two of the people I trusted most. So sorry, for what happened to you! Everything happens for a reason.
    Aquarius80

Answer by Aquarius80 at 2:27 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• My husband did both and they both suck just the same. Well, maybe the friend was worse because in that situation I lost a friend as well but then again, how good of a friend was she that she let herself get tangled up with my husband. See what I mean...it's 6 out of 12 or half a dozen of the other
    ShouldHaveLeft

Answer by ShouldHaveLeft at 3:26 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• Wow I am sorry honey have you moved on? I would say with a stranger.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 4:10 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• It better be a stranger!
    I think its 3x worse when its someone you all know, especially when its someone who is Your friend & its because of you they met!
    Its his bad for letting it go there & cross his mind.
    Its her bad for letting even a hint out that it was OK..
    And then how dare BOTH of them for the lies. the secrets.
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 5:39 PM on Dec. 9, 2010