How do you fold your fitted sheets?

LOL I know weird question, but I was just doing laundry and trying to fold a fitted sheet and wondered how everyone else does theirs.

I try to fold it the best I can, but it usually ends up in a ball lol. So how do you fold yours?

jnsdrf

Asked by jnsdrf at 2:30 PM on Dec. 9, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I fold the sheet in half and then nest one corner into the other, with my fingers of my left hand pointing into the crook of the fitted corner. With my right hand, I then nest the remaining two corners, with the fingers of my right hand pointing into the crook of those fitted corners, so that the sheet is folded in half, draped over my hands as they point toward the ceiling. Then I bring my fingers together and flip a set of nested corners over the other - the sheet is now folded into a quarter and all fitted corners are draped over my left hand. With my right, I pick up the folded corner across from the fitted corners and then fold those two together. At this point, the "edges" of the sheet are tucked inside the fold. Then I treat it just like a flat sheet.
    Dr.Donna

Answer by Dr.Donna at 2:36 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• Yep, in a ball. Although I tried to follow Martha Stewart's directions...
    Shanna84

Answer by Shanna84 at 2:31 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• I try to fold it neat, but it ends up looking like a child did it. I don't think there is a nice way to fold them.
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 2:32 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• An older lady did a demonstration speech on this in college and I regret not paying attention! I just roll it up too:)
    Aquarius80

Answer by Aquarius80 at 2:32 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• Very crappily (is that a word?) lol I try folding them over kind of in half & tucking the ends together then folding in half again but it usually ends up a big mess.
    lisa89j

Answer by lisa89j at 2:32 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• A crumpled little sheet ball
    bjojola

Answer by bjojola at 2:39 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• Here's a video, if anyone wants to see.

Dr.Donna

Answer by Dr.Donna at 2:41 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• In a ball and jammed in the closet. I really don't have time for that crap. Unless my MIL is coming over, then I fix up the closet a bit.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 2:41 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• Step 1 wad in ball
    step 2 shove in linen closet,or put back on bed.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 7:33 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• Poorly. I've tried folding it in half and tucking the corners together, I've tried pulling firmly on the corners to get the rest to lay flat, but it's always in a ball by the time I'm done. My main trick is to just use the same sheets for a long, long time, so I never have to fold them.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 3:10 PM on Dec. 9, 2010