Did you grow up believing in Santa??

LiLJeni

Asked by LiLJeni at 2:47 PM on Dec. 9, 2010 in Holidays

• shouldhave there is nothing wrong with telling children about Santa. Not to mention, I NEVER fet it was okay to lie because my parents gave me the magic of Santa. What kid did?? Honestly??? LOL
    Anonymous

• No. My mother tried to do the whole Santa thing, but I never bought into it. I remember having a conversation with my sister when I was really little like 4 or 5, and her telling me to pretend that I believed so that we would still get extra gifts. We don't do Santa at all with our kids.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 3:07 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• Yes, and I thank my parents for creating the magic for me, and I in turn created it for my kids.

Answer by older at 2:49 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• Oops...sorry....I guess my answer will not be popular, but yes, I did believe in him, and was crushed when I found out he was not real.  It was damaging to me and my siblings in more way than one, and I don't teach  my kids that there is a Santa Clause and they still love Christmas! 

Good question, by the way.  angel mini

Mamas2babies

Answer by Mamas2babies at 3:03 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• Unfortunately yes and it was horrible. My parents didn't have much but put a roof over my head, so when they started with this Santa crap I looked forward to it as a way to be able to get what they couldn't get me and of course, the stuff I got was still the stuff that was within their means. As a child I was highly disappointed. When I found out the truth about Santa I actually went to my parents and asked them why the hell had they been lying to me all those years? All those years of never getting what I want and thinking that I did something wrong or wasn't good enough for Santa to get me the stuff I asked for could have been avoided with them just telling me that I was getting what they could get me, that I understood and appreciated my entire life...the santa shit, I didn't.
    ShouldHaveLeft

Answer by ShouldHaveLeft at 3:10 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• Yes, and I was fine when I found out
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 3:29 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• Absolutely!
    TsMommy428

Answer by TsMommy428 at 2:48 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• Yes, I did. I had no problems when I found out he wasn't real. My parents were providing holiday "magic" for me and I am thankful. My parents still have gifts at their house for me from "Santa". I love Santa!

Answer by missanc at 2:49 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• Definitely! Waiting for that fat jolly guy was like the highlight of my childhood.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 2:56 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• Yep yep and loved it !!!
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 2:57 PM on Dec. 9, 2010