Bare butt spanking?

I completely disagree with bare butt spanking and so does my husband, but there are some people who don't see anything wrong with it. What do you think, should your spank you children's bare butt or what do you do instead for discipline?

Momma_A4

Asked by Momma_A4 at 2:53 PM on Dec. 9, 2010 in General Parenting

• I was, my children weren't. It's degrading. My father bare butt sspanked me until I was 17 years old and I have never gotten over the humilation.
    Anonymous

• I would say no.
    tggroves18

Answer by tggroves18 at 2:55 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• I don't see anything wrong with it as long as it is done at home and with privacy. I do think that once your kid gets to a certain age you shouldn't be spanking them anymore say 12 or 13.
    jnd951999

Answer by jnd951999 at 2:57 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• I don't spank my son at all I use time outs and taking toys away
    Justins_mommy05

Answer by Justins_mommy05 at 2:58 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• I have heard that bare butt spanking is considered sexual abuse... it is in this state anyway, I don't agree with that but thats what they say.
    bjojola

Answer by bjojola at 2:58 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• i have once, he wouldn't listen at all and he was already naked running around. he was kicking and kept telling everyone to shut up and i just don't take that. i don't think that you should though as a practice, but if that's the only thing that works to get the point across it's your parenting option i supposed.
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 3:44 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• I see nothing wrong with it either. I don't spank the butt I spank the leg. My dad says that if I spank his butt it can cause kidney failure, he's over dramatic. I think that bare butt spanking should stop at a reasonable age though. My dad spanked us that way and as I got older it got weird.

Jenaiko01

Answer by Jenaiko01 at 3:48 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• I believe in my city, parents can't spank a child's bare butt. I have nothing against spankers. I don't think spanking a child's bare butt is necessary.

nmmama09

Answer by nmmama09 at 3:55 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• yeah i dont think spanking bare butt is right maybe on the hand or something like that
    Ricanmami1

Answer by Ricanmami1 at 5:15 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• I think it depends on the child.I think spanking should be a last resort punishment for when they do something really bad not just something small. So i guess if a normal spanking didnt work maybe that would be neccesary.
    Sophie4910

Answer by Sophie4910 at 6:30 PM on Dec. 9, 2010