I have ten year old and eleven year old, my ten year old hates school. she has a myopathy and tires easy. should i make her go?

mommadrama63

Asked by mommadrama63 at 3:02 PM on Dec. 9, 2010 in Tweens (9-12)

• well all kids have to have some sort of schooling.... if it is really a problem, you could always give virtual learning a try ?
    2lilbumblebees

Answer by 2lilbumblebees at 3:03 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• I am not sure what myopathy entails but seems she needs to try to lead as normal a life as possible. If she doesn't go you would need to homeschool...If it makes it hard for her to function then if I was her mom maybe I would homeschool.
    hill2

Answer by hill2 at 3:04 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• IDK, are you willing and capable to homeschooling?
    Candi1024

Answer by Candi1024 at 3:34 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• Can she not get an IEP meeting to see if she can work something out with the teachers and guidance counselors for extra help and time on assignments!? Avoiding school altogether is not the final answer....so until you find a better education solution then yes she should still go!
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 3:45 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• Yes, she still needs to go to school or you need to homeschool her.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:30 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• You could homeschool her. It might be better for her because then she might not tire so easily and will have more energy to do the things she likes.
    kemclaughlin

Answer by kemclaughlin at 1:57 AM on Dec. 11, 2010

• Yes, you need to send her to school, unless you are prepared to home school her. Don't treat her like a victim or she will not progress.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 9:41 PM on Dec. 11, 2010