Do your girls have any reactions to wearing certain earrings?

My 7yo daughter is having the roughest time with wearing earrings that are post and back types. Her ear tends to try and heal over them even if it is not tightly put on. We have switched to hooks but she is so rambunctious that she often looses them out of her lobes.

Any suggestions or does anyone else's DD have this problem too?

JesF419

Asked by JesF419 at 3:10 PM on Dec. 9, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Have you tried sleeper rings? They are just small rings with no back- the whole earring is the same width and can be pulled through the ear. I wear them in my upper holes just to keep them open, sleeping in earrings with a back bugs me. You can get them cheap- just make sure they are a non-irritating metal, like gold, silver, or surgical steel. Nothing with nickel. HTH!
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 3:13 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• My daughter can only wear real gold ones. The cubic zarconia or fake ones irritate her ears so bad she couldn't wear any at all. I wouldn't have known that was it, but my sister was the same way.
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 3:13 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• One option is get something with a slightly longer post. I had that problem when I first got my ears pierced ( I was a little older than most, waited til I was 12). I had to get them re-pierced twice because my ear lobe kept healing over the post. The last person who re-pierced for me used a slightly longer post and it was perfect. Never had another issue.
    DeeDee323

Answer by DeeDee323 at 3:15 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• Just with ones containing nickel-allergies

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 3:15 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• u could try the hooks with the little rubber stoppers that way u could put the stopper at the tip of the hook so it want fall out
    Paigesmommy78

Answer by Paigesmommy78 at 3:16 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• You might try using those rubber backs, they tend to stay on better. I have the same problem. You can usually find them at walmart or craft stores.
    sweet29mom

Answer by sweet29mom at 3:16 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• I have never heard of Sleeper rings, but that does sound like a good idea for my DD. Thanks for all your suggestions ladies!
    JesF419

Comment by JesF419 (original poster) at 3:18 PM on Dec. 9, 2010