idk but im done trying.

so SO idk what is up with him, but we have been together for 3 years have a baby and not even engaged i try and talk about it with him and everything and he just tells me"why are you looking at rings" like if he doesnt want to, he has told me before more then once that he wants to get married, even before the baby came, i just feel like it will never ever happen for me, and that i will always be a "single" mom.

* we have been living together the whole time, we dont argue much, we are ok on money, when i ask when will we get married he says" i dont knw yet" and that if he is going to do it he wants to do it the right way, like a nice ring, etc, i make it so easy for him, i dont want an expensive ring, i dont need a big huge expensive wedding!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:10 PM on Dec. 9, 2010 in Relationships

• When you ask him why he doesn't want to get married, or when are you going to get married what does he say?
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 3:11 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• Do you live together? How is your relationship? is it strained? Do you argue much? How are your finances? This could all factor in.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 3:14 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• Try talking to him honestly about how you feel. Sometimes they need encouragement also. You may need to give him options. Some guys are afraid of commitment and think as long as they can have you without the commitment of marriage why take the next step...
    Rita62865

Answer by Rita62865 at 3:21 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• He may just have a vision of how he wants it to be. I told my dh that I didn't need a diamond and all that but HE did. You may be ready and ok with not having the big wedding and ring but he may want that. I know that my DH wanted it to be a surprise and picked out the ring and planned a whole thing to propose. It was sweet. Maybe just hold off on any more conversations or hints about it and see what happens.
    sue118

Answer by sue118 at 3:28 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• You might not want the"expesive ring", maybe he would still like to give it to you though. Give him the benefit of the doubt, he has said he wants to get married. Maybe he is trying to make it special for you. Give it a little more time. Good luck girl, I hope it happens soon.
    bellsandheels

Answer by bellsandheels at 3:37 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• Why would he marry you when you have already moved in and had a kid. He has what he wants and got it all without buying you a ring. I would let it go and be happy with your relationship as it is. He clearly doesn't want to marry you right now and you can't make him.
    Anonymous

• I agree with Rita62865. Just make it very clear how you feel & that this is what you want. If you are making it easy for him i don't see what the problem is, like you said it doesn't have to be all fancy & big so then why is he dragging his feet?

iluvmykidsxoxo

Answer by iluvmykidsxoxo at 3:44 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• Maybe he feels cornered. You do need to have this conversation.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 4:02 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• Stop asking him. He obviously doesn't want to marry you! I'm not trying to be rude but I've seen this a hundred times. You Can't move in or have baby before marriage and then expect them to do it "right". I would not be with a guy who didn't want to make me his wife.
    JackieGirl007

Answer by JackieGirl007 at 5:51 PM on Dec. 9, 2010