newborn sleep

My newborn likes to sleep most of the day in his crib but later at nighttime he dosent want to sleep in his crib, he will fall asleep on you but cries when we lay him down. How do I get him to sleep at night in his crib?

angmarie0925

Asked by angmarie0925 at 3:24 PM on Dec. 9, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It actually would be surprising if he did that! He's very normal.. he's used to being right next to your heart. Swaddle him. It will help.

Answer by gdiamante at 3:30 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• I could never sleep with my babies, it would make me too nervous. I found swaddling them and letting them sleep in the bouncy seat helped a lot, I think it felt more like being held.
    mybella81

Answer by mybella81 at 3:40 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• I think that is normal but maybe you could leave a nightlight on at night and maybe let him sleep somewhere else during the day sometimes. A regular routine at night maybe a bath and some songs and cuddling may also help get him to calm down at night. Use lavender body wash and lotion its supposed to be relaxing. Just be patient and relax it takes time for most babys.
    -Q-

Answer by -Q- at 3:44 PM on Dec. 9, 2010