Dating for Dummies!

Ack! Is anyone else terrible at dating? I get so excited and then we get to our destination (movie, restaurant, put putt, etc...) and I just freeze. Help me!

And what do you do when it's time to go back to his or your place. I'm not into casual sex, so what exactly do you do when you go back to your/his house? How do you even approach the subject?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:37 PM on Dec. 9, 2010 in Relationships

• I haven't dated in over 25 years. lol Well I have dates with the hubby but that's not really the same as "dating" a new person..KWIM.

So. I'm really just shooting from the hip here.LOL

As far as not freezing up when you get where you're going. That's about self comfort and self confidence. You probably freeze up because your not real sure what to say, how should I laugh (do I do the shy giggle, to I laugh heartedly, what subjects do I or don't I talk about). KWIM that sort of thing. So relaxing and just being comfortable with yourself, who you are, what you are, and your personality should help in that area.

As far as going back to you place/his place. If you are not interested in casual sex.That should be made clear from the get go. No heavy petting/making out/dirty talk then pull the "no card" and expect coffee and casual conversation once you get back to his/your place. Set the tone and the mood beforehand.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 3:45 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• Talk watch t.v. have a glass of wine?
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 4:01 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• Im right there with you im HORRIBLE at dating hahaha Just if he goes to make "the Move" just say your not ready
    MamaAlderman_2

Answer by MamaAlderman_2 at 4:07 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• I don't know if you drink but if you do, have a glass of wine before you go out, it will relax you...don't drink on the date because it could give him stupid unjustified ideas about your character. This should help with the freezing part. As far as the rest, one tip a girlfriend gave me years ago...if you don't want to sleep with a guy for whatever reason, DON'T SHAVE ANYTHING. You heard me and it makes sense, if you know you haven't shaved...I personally won't even let my husband near me. Hope this helps.
    ShouldHaveLeft

Answer by ShouldHaveLeft at 4:10 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• the best way to keep him interested without letting him all over your swimsuit parts is always to be playful. All guys love a girl who can smile and enjoy herself. If youre having fun, he is too and you wont ever have to question it. Thats the key darling, enjoy yourself!
    brooklynohlordy

Answer by brooklynohlordy at 4:16 PM on Dec. 9, 2010