Trying to quit smoking...does Chantix work?

I am really trying to quit smoking and want to try Chantix, but I've just heard about some really bad side effects...Just want to know if any one has any experience with it...Thanks!

MissyD87

Asked by MissyD87 at 3:38 PM on Dec. 9, 2010 in Health

• it worked for my uncle, but he said it gave him weird and vivid dreams.
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 3:39 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• I don't but a coworker does. He definitly quit smoking which is a good thing, but he said it gave him really vivid dreams, and sometimes nightmares. Ive heard that about the dreams before. Good luck with it.
    bellsandheels

Answer by bellsandheels at 3:39 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• I'm glad u r going to quit!!! You'll see, u will feel better about yourself. First two weeks r rough. If u need to talk I'll be here if u want to talk. I'll be back on here tomorrow.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 3:43 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• My husband used it and it worked for him, but it lowered his sex drive. It worked for my niece too. I have never taken it.
    dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 3:45 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• Crazy dreams!
    voni681

Answer by voni681 at 3:45 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• It works like magic. I liked the dreams myself. It's not that it gives you bad dreams, but it makes your dreams very vivid. So if they are bad dreams, well, it's going to seem real. I loved the dreams and I missed them after I stopped taking it. It could also make your stomach upset. My sister had to drop down to half dosage. For me, as long as I had something in my stomach it didnt' bother me. And if I did take one on an empty stomach, the bad feeling only lasted about 20 minutes.
    Candi1024

Answer by Candi1024 at 3:53 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• I am mainly concerned about the side effects like hullicinations....which alot of people have reported. I think its probably a very small % of people who actually have a problem with it, but i have a five month old and am home with him by myself for most of the day...so it just makes me nervous i guess..
    MissyD87

Comment by MissyD87 (original poster) at 4:02 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• I don't know about Chantix. But, i chewed the gum and got a weird feeling in my throat and then it started to give me strange like hives in the back of my throat. I am now going to try the patch and see if that works...

Good luck taking the Chantix!
    gogogirl79

Answer by gogogirl79 at 4:43 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• It worked with my dh... it did not work on my mom or my uncle (who both want to quit. but u know.. its not deep in their soul want to)
    They all said they had vivid odd dreams.. Mom/Uncle have forgotten where they where going when driving... more tired.. feeling sluggish..

My dh didnt have to take the full package of it though.. he it for about 2wks & had quit..
    I cant remember how long my uncle & mom tried theirs though..

the chance of depression kinda scared me. talk to your dr. and let him know your worries & he will be able to let you know if its something for you..
    Good luck!
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 5:10 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• I quit way before any drugs like this were available, but I have heard it works.
    cleanaturalady

Answer by cleanaturalady at 9:10 AM on Dec. 10, 2010