What have you used to clean your oven?

I use Vinegar and a Baking soda/Cream of Tartar mix and a scrub pad....

momof2redhedz

Asked by momof2redhedz at 3:40 PM on Dec. 9, 2010 in Home & Garden

• Over the years when I have not had a self cleaning oven I have used Easy Off (Fumes too harse), homemade paste of lemon juice and baking soda (is good if you want to go natural and have a good back and elbows to scrub), found the new Mr Clean blocks good for cleaning the inside glass instead of using glass cleaner which can sometimes streak and smell bad when you first reuse the oven, Also found on those really hard baked on spills like from a sitcky pie I use one of those disposible cloth wipes soaked in a heavy solution of Dawn. I keep wetting it with more solution until the spot is completly soften and then it will wipe right out. You can also warm the oven slightly to help melt the spill into the cloth (not to hight, just barely on, you dont want to start a fire). Then to help avoid cleaning in the future, line the bottom of the oven with heavy duty foil and change it out every few months or after a major spill.
    Soap911

Answer by Soap911 at 3:54 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• I just use the oven cleaner mode, then vacuum out the burnt up crumbs.

dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 3:41 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• I have a self cleaning oven so I usually do that. Sometimes I use Easy Off (the one with no fumes that is safe for self cleaning ovens)
    lisa89j

Answer by lisa89j at 4:02 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• I wipe my oven out as soon as it cools enough to do so. I use vinegar and lemon juice on the rag and my oven stays really nice.
    Anonymous

• Some oven manufacturers recommend against lining the bottom with foil. Be sure to read the instructions that came with your oven. It could compromise how the oven works.
    Anonymous

• I use easy off oven cleaner.
    Cassandre

Answer by Cassandre at 9:51 AM on Dec. 11, 2010

• same as u
    san78

Answer by san78 at 6:18 AM on Dec. 13, 2010