im on bedrest and so bored!

im 28 weeks pregnant and have been on bed rest a week, i have gotten soooo bored! and im stuck on bedrest untill baby comes. what can i do to keep me entertained,!!!
im going crazy lol

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:48 PM on Dec. 9, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I would do puzzles, crosswords, reading, video games. Surf the net and watch some soaps or talk shows.
    Sillylins

Answer by Sillylins at 3:50 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• I was on bed rest too from 24 weeks and on... the internet will be your best friend, read books, play hand held game, cross words, word searches, magazines, catch up on some rest! I know you are going crazy, I totally know how you feel, but seeing my little man born made it all worth it! Good luck!!
    TsMommy428

Answer by TsMommy428 at 3:50 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• read books, learn to crochet (or something like knitting), write letters to your baby, do crossword puzzles, watch movies, have friends over, shop online :)
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 3:51 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• print off recipes and put them in plastic sleeves and sort them by categories and make your own cookbook
    ria7

• Ria- That is a great idea! I wish I would have done this when I was on bed rest!
    TsMommy428

Answer by TsMommy428 at 4:02 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• Sign up for an online class and get to it girl. There's no reason you can take advantage and better your education while on your back. I've also heard somewhere that the baby absorbs this kinda stuff (don't know if it's real or bullshit) but if it's real, you may even make the baby smarter.
    ShouldHaveLeft

Answer by ShouldHaveLeft at 4:02 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• Bedrest is OFTEN over-prescribed, have you thoroughly researched the benefits of being on bedrest vs the very real risks (increased bp, atrophy, getting severly out of shape, etc.)? What prompted your doctor to order this?

If you have already done so, then get a Wii, some games, and download the Netflix app.
    squish

Answer by squish at 4:03 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• I feel you. I rented a bunch of movies.
    MarvelousMama

Answer by MarvelousMama at 4:05 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• Talk to your baby. I regret not talking to my baby. My husband talked to our baby when he was in the womb. I really didn't believe the baby could hear you until my baby went through preparation for surgery. My husband would speak to our baby after he was delivered and our baby reacted to his voice since we couldn't hold him. I was shocked that the doctor told my husband he had to lower his voice or he would be shooed out of the room. I would speak to our baby and wouldn't get the reaction my husband did since he was the one talking to our baby the whole time. The reason the doctor said what he said is because they wanted our baby to lay still. The surgery was successful and we have a beautiful 7 yr old boy now. Good luck to you! Everything you do for the welfare of your baby is well worth it! Children are a blessing!
    MommabearGrr

Answer by MommabearGrr at 4:10 PM on Dec. 9, 2010