His daughter

How can I as a veteran wife stop my husbands adult daughter from getting his c&p when he is deceased. I'm his wife but this is not our daughter together. We have none. He made her beneficiary. If I'm married to him for years, how is it that she gets to walk away with my income at his demise? We are both disabled. What, do I give up my life style. Would VA really do that to me?

caretaker2

Asked by caretaker2 at 10:47 PM on Nov. 6, 2008 in Relationships

• Things should be divided,period.

He decided to have a child, just like he decided to be married.

Money would be the last of my issues,versus knowing he was forever gone.

However,that being said i would talk to him if this bothers you.

Maybe he never gave it a thought otherwise about changing who gets what,since you have said nothing.

Anonymous

• talk to your husband and get him to change the beneficiary.

she's his blood! his daughter! how selfish can you be to want to get it all!

why not ask your husband to do a co beneficiary? 50% to one 50% to the other or even 75-25%.
    Anonymous

• You can get your hubby to change the beneficiary. Why would he make her the beneficiary anyway? If he doesn't change it she wouldn't walk away with your income, she'd walk away with hers, you'd have no claim to it. Him being of sound mind chose who he wanted to support in the event of his demise, it would be honored.
    shmorris56

Answer by shmorris56 at 10:51 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• He chose for her to get it all so thats the way he wants it.
    And why would you be thinking about your husband dying ?
    robinalbright

Answer by robinalbright at 10:52 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• it's his choice! he's a grown man! maybe he doesn't WANT you to get any...maybe due to your attitude of "it's mine!" He can make his own decisions. Maybe he loves his daughter more than you.
    Anonymous

• thats not selfish he's not the one going to get the money.. Maybe he wants he daughter not to worry about anything and maybe he know you will be able to handle yourself and shes the one that will need the help. Like I said why are you thinking about he dying. thats the last thing I want to think about my husband

robinalbright

Answer by robinalbright at 10:57 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• You have to talk to your husband. Does he know how you feel about this? It is obvious that this is what he wants if this is what he told you. I don't know what state you live in but you might get everyone else automatically being his spouse if he dies anyway.
    hopelessnance

Answer by hopelessnance at 11:43 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• I want to thank the anonymous one who posted, 'things should be divided, he decided to have a child and he decided to have a wife. Thank you so much for your rightous judgement. I did tell him how I felt.
    caretaker2

Answer by caretaker2 at 12:06 AM on Nov. 7, 2008

• It is his daughter and he made the decision to leave it to her not you to me it sounds like you are just selfish.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:40 AM on Nov. 7, 2008

• He can divorce you, but his daughter will always be his.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:46 AM on Nov. 7, 2008