What is the difference between junior & misses sizes in womens clothing?

Which do you wear?

iluvmykidsxoxo

Asked by iluvmykidsxoxo at 4:20 PM on Dec. 9, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• Junior are cut more for a younger teen/young woman. They are slim through the hips, with a smaller ratio between the hip and waist, because most girls at that age have not developed through the hips yet. They also tend to be slimmer in the thigh.

Misses designs have a larger ratio between the hips and waist and more room in the thighs.
    geminilove

Answer by geminilove at 4:36 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• Obviously, juniors are odd sizes and misses are even sizes. They used to correspond pretty well, 7/8, 11/12, etc., but not so much any more. Now juniors tend to be smaller. They're also cut differently. Like with pants, misses tend to have more room in the thighs than juniors. Basically different body types. And different styles. You're not likely to find misses sizes of super-low-cut jeans, for instance.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 4:23 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• I wear Juniors, and I think the difference is that misses is a bit larger than juniors.

Answer by older at 4:24 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• I'm not entirely sure, but I usually wear womens, mostly because I'm busty and only womens clothes fit my boobs.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 10:47 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• ive never heard of it
    san78

Answer by san78 at 7:02 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• I generally don't shop at places with a separate juniors and misses section. Old Navy, Gap and Banana Republic can usually take care of most of my clothing needs. On the rare occasion that I shop in a department store, I usually go to the misses section because junior's tops have never been able to pull across my breasts without gaping or looking slutty. I wore juniors pants occasionally before I had my twins, but I won't be caught dead wearing low rise jeans EVER again. On the other hand a large segment of the misses section, seems to be cut huge in the thighs and short and boxy in the tops.
    twin_mommy

Answer by twin_mommy at 11:55 AM on Dec. 10, 2010

• It has to do with the cut, Misses sizes are cut for womanly curves where Juniors are cut for less-than-mature figures.
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 12:34 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• Juniors are mostly made for younger girls/woman. Misses is regretfully, for when you are older and/or heavier, whichever comes first.
    3mom627

Answer by 3mom627 at 9:02 PM on Dec. 9, 2010