Abortion question? Why do ladies get so worked up from hypothetical scenarios?

I was raped. I kept my baby from that rape. I was 13. I raised my son, me not a relative. He's 24 and a great guy! An abortion would have only injured me further and deprived me and the world of my wonderful son. People have told me that I should have aborted him, that he deserved death. They talk about raped women being forced to carry the abomination of their rapist. Everyone who has posted this kind of thing posts hypothetically, not as having had that experience! Lots of ladies argue passionately back and forth! No one having experience. Then I post and get ignored. Why do you think that is?

shmorris56

Asked by shmorris56 at 10:48 PM on Nov. 6, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• A friend of mine raised the son she conceived through rape, and I never heard of her regretting it either. Her son just joined the military, and rather than being relieved he's gone, she misses him! He's a great kid, and I'm glad she didn't have an abortion. I'm pro-life, but I don't judge those who aren't. OP, you were great to do what you did, and my friend will show proof that you're not the only one to do that.
    rhope4

Answer by rhope4 at 11:51 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• In response to your real question, I have no idea! sad really when you think about it...

but I would like to say that you are a strong woman for doing what you did in raising your son.

I'm pro-choice. Not all young girls and women are as strong as you though and it could really affect them mentally for the rest of their lives. I don't think that should be forced on anyone.
    Anonymous

• Oh sweety, you have done a commendable job! I believe people who are pro-choice have to have a reason to make them feel the decision to be pro-choice is okay. When brought to their attention that it IS a real senario, and that you chose to do the right thing, and are better for it, they loose credibility.
    my4lads

Answer by my4lads at 10:52 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• because it's not what they want to hear, you were strong and did what you thought was right most don't appreciate that, and ignore it unless it's filled with bad drama.
    chyna_doll

Answer by chyna_doll at 10:52 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• I have a dear friend who also kept her baby from a rape. He is now 21, and the joy of her life. She had people disown her for her choice, but she's never regretted it.
    Mishelly728

Answer by Mishelly728 at 10:53 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• THANK GOD THERE IS SOMEONE WHO CAN STAND UP AGAINST RAPED VICTIMS AND TELL A STORY OF SAVING A CHILDS LIFE INSTEAD OF JUST THINKING ABOUT THEMSELVES. ITS RIDULCULOUS THAT A BABY HAS TO SUFFER. ITS NOT THERE FAULT AND ITS NOT THE MOTHERS EITHER BUT THAT CHILD COULD BE SOMETHING. RAPE OR NO RAPE THAT CHILD DESERVES LIFE. THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR GOING THROUGH WITH YOUR PREGNANCY! i THINK HALF THE TIME RAPE VICTIMS GIVE UP THERE BABY IS JUST HALF OF AN EXCUSE TO NOT TAKE ON THE RESPONCIBILTY.. PITY
    UAFwife

Answer by UAFwife at 10:53 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• UAFwife- since when did rape victims become the bad guy and need "stood up to"???
    Anonymous

• Because,hypothetical are based on facts of truths and usually by the person writing/asking it.
    Since there is more than one option than ending a life,it's more than about the right to the person carrying but on the fact of right and wrong,since it would be like giving someone a reason to kill another based off a circumstance they felt they were justified in,if this was true we would not have courts for wrong doers.
    It's about making right,moral & ethical choices based off needs and not wants as well.
    Anonymous

• UAwife....turn off the caps, also, that is more than rude and hateful.
    chyna_doll

Answer by chyna_doll at 10:57 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• Because I feel they don't want to deal with reality; nor admit that that the majority of the woman that DO have abortions admit that its wrong or regret their decision. Nor do they want to admit that that Norma McCorvey " aka. Jane Roe" (you know Roe vs. Wade) is now a pro-lifer and thinks that abortion is wrong and had recanted her support of abortion.

Don't believe me google it!
    Anonymous