When did you stop giving your baby a bottle?

I know what the docs recommend...
Did you use next step formula, such as Enfagrow? Was it hard to make the switch to sippy cups?

Mel_in_PHX

Asked by Mel_in_PHX at 4:31 PM on Dec. 9, 2010 in General Parenting

• I think I stopped around 1 year...He stopped getting pacifiers around that age as well. It wasn't too hard to switch to sippy cups (of course there was a little resistance there. We used Playtex (I believe).
    BlssdMama

Answer by BlssdMama at 4:33 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• a year and no we went right to milk
    rebeccadac

Answer by rebeccadac at 4:39 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• I stopped the day he turned one just took it away and he was upset that day and never again. I gave him sippys with milk in it. Hope that helps. :) GL
    ktinaza

Answer by ktinaza at 4:35 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• i introduced the cups early around the time that juice became ok i did juice in cups which made it very easy to do the switch at 1 year old.
    piorkowski

Answer by piorkowski at 4:36 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• I switched to milk around 1 year, and then managed to "forget" the bottle at Grammy's house. We never got it back, and DS adjusted after day 2 without the bottle. We lost the paci at Grammy's around 7 mos.
    BisketLiss

Answer by BisketLiss at 4:43 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• My DD is 14 months and still has a bottle, however she has no teeth yet so tooth decay really isn't a concern. The average age in my house is between 1 1/2 and 2, but that is cause they are very late bloomers when it comes to getting teeth.
    luckysevenwow

Answer by luckysevenwow at 6:00 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• 6 months I introduced a sippy cup. By 8 months the bottles were gone. He transitioned to regular milk just fine at 12 months.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 6:08 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• I plan on stopping formula at one year. My dd is 8 months and we have already started using a sippie cup but not full time. Maybe around 11 months we will try and throw out the bottles and just do sippies.
    Sophie4910

Answer by Sophie4910 at 6:23 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• I stopped the bottle at age 1 and 1/2 potty trained then too. Good luck.
    Betutah

Answer by Betutah at 4:03 PM on Dec. 10, 2010