ANY SUGGESTIONS TO EASE THE PAIN AND GET RID OF A CLOGGED MILK DUCT ?

I STOPPED B.F-ING NOW FOR 1 WEEK AND NOW IN SEVERE PAIN. I HAVE A DONE A FEW THINGS FOR TEMP. RELIEF BUT HOW DO I GET RID OF THE LUMPY, PAINFUL, HARD MASSES ALL TOGETHER ? ANY ADVICE WOULD BE GREAT. THANKS LADIES.

SANDYCAT

Asked by SANDYCAT at 4:31 PM on Dec. 9, 2010 in General Parenting

• It will take awhile for them to go away. I was told to use cold compresses, like a bag of frozen peas. Someone told me not to use heat because that would produce more milk and the process would start all over again! Not sure how true that is. I would stick the cold compresses in my bra and leave them there, that worked for me.
    nmmama09

Answer by nmmama09 at 4:36 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• As crazy as it sound, cold cabbage leaves. Place them over your breasts. Your probably not clogged, but engorged. Make sure you have a very good bra on ay all time, even while sleeping. Don't let the shower water run unto them either. That can prolong them drying up.
    yestheirallmine

Answer by yestheirallmine at 4:37 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• Simplicity3

Answer by Simplicity3 at 4:40 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• Parsley...look up the composit for a parsley tea and drink it. That will dry up the milk fast.
    ShouldHaveLeft

Answer by ShouldHaveLeft at 4:47 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• OK- NOW DON'T LAUGH- BUT DOES IT HAVE TO BE "CABBAGE LEAVES", CAN IT BE " LETTUCE LEAVES" ?????
    AND THANK YOU FOR ALL THAT ANSWERED. I APPRECIATE IT.
    SANDY
    SANDYCAT

Comment by SANDYCAT (original poster) at 4:48 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• I forgot those days so my memory isn't very good. I remember consulting with a nurse about breastfeeding. I think there's a helpline out there dealing with concerns about breastfeeding. That same nurse helped me to stop . Now I can't remember if I was breastfeeding or if I was quitting for good. But I remember my milk duct was clogged when I was trying to get milk I believe. The nurse massaged my breast and recommended putting cabbage leaves on it. It helped but sorry I can't remember the details. I hate to tell you the wrong thing so please check into it.
    MommabearGrr

Answer by MommabearGrr at 4:56 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• Yes, it HAS to be cabbage leaves! lol... I remember I was living with my parents, and my husband wasn't home from work yet and I made my dad go out and get a head of cabbage. It took away the discomfort almost instantly.
    yestheirallmine

Answer by yestheirallmine at 5:17 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• You can massage your breasts then put on a warm heating pad.
    Betutah

Answer by Betutah at 4:02 PM on Dec. 10, 2010