Stop smoking question!

If your SO wants you to stop smoking...(cigarettes, that is)....And he asks to you quit for HIM.....

What would you think of him asking you to quit for HIM?

Thanks Ladies!

gogogirl79

Asked by gogogirl79 at 4:32 PM on Dec. 9, 2010 in Health

• I can say ive been on all sides of this situation! Im an ex-smoker!
    When dating Ive had guys ask .. but I liked it & didnt want to quit. wasnt going to quit! And once i did want to quit it was HARD! I was able to quit while pregnant.. Then I was on the other side... My DH still smoked.. It was AWFUL kissing him or being around him. being close/intimate was harder cause i didnt like the smell.. thankfully as a V-day gift he stopped smoking (for me & our baby daughter)..

Once u stop smoking you kind feel guilty .. I now feel bad for cause I didnt know just how bad it was on everyone. Even when ur outside in a group. But you must want to quit for YOU! Or else your just stressing yourself out..
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 5:00 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• Mine does ask me to stop, if he wants me too then he should stop his "unhealthy" habits

Def agree! When it comes to smoking some dont realize how powerful the addiction really is. You really cant just do it for someone that easily. You need to do it for yourself. You also need to be ready and willing
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 4:49 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• It might be easier for you both if you do it at the same time.
    cleanaturalady

Answer by cleanaturalady at 9:09 AM on Dec. 10, 2010

• Mine does ask me to stop, if he wants me too then he should stop his "unhealthy" habits.

bjojola

Answer by bjojola at 4:37 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• I quit smoking when i found out i was pregnant( Im now 6 months pregnant) You really cant stand the smell after you quit. My husband still smokes , but he smoked when i met him . I would love it if he quit but i dont nag him about it. Rule number 1 you cant change anybody! Plus he knew you were a smoker when you met him. You will feel so much better if you quit , Maybe you should try??
    my4thbambino

Answer by my4thbambino at 5:01 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• My husband quit in great part for me and our son. For the obvious reasons of course, his health, but also for our health and comfort. Neither of us wanted to be around him when he was smelling like smoke. He would have to change clothing, wash his face, etc before we could stand being close to him. If I smoked, I would definitely quit because i love my family and want to be around as long as I can, and I would not want to be smelly and have them not want to be around me.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 10:17 AM on Dec. 12, 2010

• That it is a gross habit for a person to have to deal with. He is trying to make you healthier too.
    dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 4:34 PM on Dec. 9, 2010