how can i make my daughter to help more with chores?

my daughter she is really lazy she doesn't like to help in the house, I have to be telling her what need to be done always. she just became 18 yrs old and instead of getting better is getting worse.

soraida02

Asked by soraida02 at 4:36 PM on Dec. 9, 2010 in Adult Children (18+)

• at 18yrs old she does not need an allowance she needs to get off her ass and mom stop doing her laundry,cooking her meals or letting go out on friday nights you don't help you can not go out ,
    dutchcanadain

Answer by dutchcanadain at 1:19 AM on Dec. 10, 2010

• Tell her to help out or move out and get a job.
    bjojola

Answer by bjojola at 4:38 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• My daughter is 18 also and the rules in our house are that if you don't do your chores, you don't get to use the car or get a ride to work or get your cell phone bill paid. She's still in high school so we've been making the "transition to adulthood" a little at a time. Seems to be working but you have to be firm and consistent and mean what you tell her. Put it in a written contract and have her sign it so she can't say later that you never told her any of this. Good luck!
    ceallaigh

Answer by ceallaigh at 11:46 AM on Dec. 10, 2010

• Cut her off financially. Restrict her phone access, internet access, etc, until she grows up
    SamKJones

Answer by SamKJones at 3:13 AM on Dec. 11, 2010

• make it fun for her or even an allowance. At eighteen she should help out more to learn things to help her later in life when she has her own place or even have kids and a husband.
    momindiana

Answer by momindiana at 4:57 PM on Dec. 9, 2010