hey mamas how did you feel when you moved into your first house with your SO/or HUSBAND?

were you happpy sad or both

Ricanmami1

Asked by Ricanmami1 at 4:49 PM on Dec. 9, 2010 in Just for Fun

• When we moved out together (before we got married) I was kind of both. Very happy to be moving out of my parents and in with him...but at the same time sad to be moving out of my parents and having to take on all those responsibilities like bills and stuff every month on our own.

This past April, we bought our first (and plan is ONLY) house...and I was extremely happy about that! It helped to actually feel like we were married...and get in touch with the fact that we're ready for our family to start. And now that it's Christmas time...it's sooo awesome! We have lights up and a bigger tree and family's gonna come over here...I'm very excited!
    dlandrum

Answer by dlandrum at 11:09 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• Happy
    Simplicity3

Answer by Simplicity3 at 4:51 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• I.was happy and scared at the same time.
    sweetpea1217

Answer by sweetpea1217 at 4:51 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• im stuck bcuz a part of meh want to live with him but the other part dont !
    mrzshanteb23

Answer by mrzshanteb23 at 4:51 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• I was excited...then we moved in and after about a month I wanted to move back home because it was so BORING! I am the oldest of 5 kids and there is always something going on and noises around being in my new house when DH was working it was so quiet and I heard every little noise...I started turning the tv and radio on at the same time to make me feel more at home =) after 4 years and 2 kids I no longer meed the extra noise!
    OBImomma

Answer by OBImomma at 4:56 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• Oh boy! What a loaded question. Still waiting for my husband to sell his mom and dad's house that he has lived in his whole life. I have Mother-in-law issues and believe they stem from the house. My mother-in-law has grew up in the house we live in and raised her family here. She's a widow and lives out of state but comes and goes when she pleases. Our home is her summer home. I feel I have no home with a momma's boy who caters to his mom and a mother-in-law who has worn out her welcome with me. Can't wait to feel like a married woman instead of the guest or lived in girlfriend even though I've been married for 17 yrs. I feel like it's my mother-in-law's house even though ownership has been transferred, cause that's how she acts.
    MommabearGrr

Answer by MommabearGrr at 5:05 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• I felt at home, completely at home.
    hootie826

Answer by hootie826 at 5:35 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• i was both.. happy that we had our own space n sad bc i was leaving my mommy behind
    nancy121308

Answer by nancy121308 at 6:01 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• im sorry to hear that nancy121308
    Ricanmami1

Comment by Ricanmami1 (original poster) at 6:03 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• A little bit of both.
    iluvmykidsxoxo

Answer by iluvmykidsxoxo at 6:33 PM on Dec. 9, 2010