religion

I would like to learn more about diffrent religions. What do you guys believe? Can anyone tell me a little about their religion or church? I seem like I dont know anything about others and I would like to know more

ReadyToRage

Asked by ReadyToRage at 10:51 PM on Nov. 6, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• I grew up in a baptist, lutheran, and mormon family. Messed up right?

Well I turned out to be an athiest due to the experiences that I had with each. Anyone can get all hopped up on some opium and spit out an amazing story.

Me, I just believe that when I die, I will be in a state of eternal nothingness, not even a blackness. I will cease to be and remain non-existent for eternity.
    girlneffy

Answer by girlneffy at 10:55 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• I'm a Christian. I don't belong to any religious groups...it's not necessary in my opinion. We don't go to church at the moment because my husband cannot get Sundays off. The Wednesday night and Saturday night services are only offered at a few churches in our area and those churches do not appeal to us (yes we've visited them already). I want church to be a family thing...so we are praying that he will soon get Sundays off so we can find a good "fit" for us :)
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 11:27 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• i was raised a southern baptist. but now i guess im "nondenominational with a touch of charasmatic". nondenom basically means my church is just a church. we dont belong to any organized religion. there is no "women cant wear makeup, no drinking, no dancing" etc. (not bashing those who do believe that btw). instead of fire and condemnation, and rules of what not to do, its simple. follow the bible. when you throw the charasmatic in, it means i believe in speaking in tongues, prophecy, healing, among other things. basically, that the church that was started in the book of acts and all of the signs and wonders with it are still alive today. my husband is old school catholic, and i am pretty much the opposite. its not about your religion, but about your relationship with God. www.believersway.com
    ivelostmyself

Answer by ivelostmyself at 11:55 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• I just have to say its not about religion its about a relationship with The Lord Jesus Christ
    hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 1:40 AM on Nov. 7, 2008

• I grew up Catholic and kind of let it drop after high school. In college, I bumped into The Christian Community: a Movement for Religious Renewal. It was started in the 1920s by a group of priests and ministers who were crushed by the way their traditional religions could not help people deal with the enormity of WW I. Their burning questions prompted them to search with each other for answers. When they established, their first leader was a Lutheran minister who was famous in his country. When I looked into it, the Christian Community's insights gave a thinking perspective to religious tradition. Nothing contradicted tradition, but it gave knowledge. Kind of like going from a person of the old mind-set who believes that a television ... (cont'd)
    waldorfmom

Answer by waldorfmom at 8:00 AM on Nov. 7, 2008

• (cont'd) ... works magically, to a modern person who learns all the wiring, switches and electricity that actually make a TV work. And the modern person can appreciate ALL THE MORE how incredibly magical television is ! In the same way, the Christian Community's insights into Christ's life on earth and what He is doing now, give detailed knowledge which goes beyond traditional Christian ideas and have the effect of giving you amazed awe and gratitude for what He did back then and for what He does every day. ... It's just cool.
    waldorfmom

Answer by waldorfmom at 8:01 AM on Nov. 7, 2008

• I was once a baptist, a Catholic, then I found my place with God at a Kingdom Hall. I went to a talk given at a Kingdom Hall, it was so touching, no screaming, no asking for money, no have to go before the whole congregation and say your sins, nothing like that! It was so nice to sit there and hear a talk about God, Jesus, and all things said where in the Bible. I found a pure and relaxed feeling there, like this is where I belong. I know people say Jehovahs Witnesses are a cult, but believe me if they were and I would of seen it, I would of been the first to Jump UP and LEAVE!! I would of been scarred to death!! It never hurts to look into different things, just one little talk convienced me!!!!!!
    Freda01

Answer by Freda01 at 8:18 AM on Nov. 7, 2008

• I'm Eastern Orthodox. Same roots as Roman Catholic, but there are some differences. What would you like to know?
    Redteux

Answer by Redteux at 8:57 AM on Nov. 7, 2008