Do you have someone....

Do you have a person who says they want to spend more time with you and your family, yet they always turn you down when you invite them to something?

My sister is this person. I offered to even buy them dinner, if they came over and brought us all dinner. They are too busy, like always. They create things that make them busy. Stuff that other people do not do and would blow off for time with family.

dancinintherain

Asked by dancinintherain at 4:51 PM on Dec. 9, 2010 in Relationships

• YES! Then they will go and hang out with someone else.
    Misteh

Answer by Misteh at 4:53 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• stop inviting her and let her make the efforts
    brooklynohlordy

Answer by brooklynohlordy at 4:52 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• Yes, my parents and family members. My mom had time to see my girls sing and stay over night the other night but did not. She was here for a few day from north carlina and could not find the time to see us. so I know how you feel. I have been cutting ties with my family over this. If you can handle it keep trying and if not just let things go cause trust me you will better over it in time.
    momindiana

Answer by momindiana at 4:54 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• Does she have kids? If not, she may just not be the kind of person to want to be around a family with kids. I actually am this person with my one brother. Not saying this is the case with you but I will not invite them over or go there, his one child is such a brat that it isn't fun.

The other things I would say is stop inviting her, it just frustrates you and you can't make her do it if she doesn't want to.
    Anonymous

• Yes my sister is like that and its annoying!
    justme581

Answer by justme581 at 5:11 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• Yup we have a few, we just stopped inviting and we havnt talked to them or seen them in four months. They even live a few doors down.
    voni681

Answer by voni681 at 5:29 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• My mom. Seriously. I get emails that say things like "you never call, you never write, you never come over anymore...."

But I call, she doesn't answer or return my voicemails.
    I email or text, no response.
    I finally get ahold of her and make plans, and when I show up (it's a 90 mile drive for me to visit), she always realizes she made plans with someone else for teh same day after she talked to me. And her plans with the other person are always more important.

I've given up. Now, when my dad calls and wants to know what's going on, I've told him so. (Because my mom denies it and puts all the blame on me.) That it's hard to feel welcome, included or that they have any interest in my life, when I'm repeatedly put on hold for other people. So, if she wants to talk, she knows where to find me.
    geminilove

Answer by geminilove at 6:00 PM on Dec. 9, 2010