what does this really mean?? please help!

so here is what is going on- since last night i go a couple hours with very painful contractions that are no longer than 4 minutes apart and no shorter than 30 seconds long, then nothing but very painful contractions about every 30 minutes that last about 20 seconds. then i go back to the painful close together ones again. and it has just been like that all last night and all day today. also since yesterday i have not been able to stay awake and i feel like i am coming down with a cold. i have a painful dull lower back ache that comes with the contractions. i lost all interest in food and feel sick when i drink (but i drink to keep hydrated.) i will be 35 weeks tomorrow but last week i had to have my contractions stopped. on Tuesday my doctor checked me and said that the outer cervix was 1 cm. and the inner cervix was closed. Sophia hasnt been moving much at all since all this started. but i was wondering if anyone else has gone threw this? what is going on? someone please help!

teen_mommie101

Asked by teen_mommie101 at 4:59 PM on Dec. 9, 2010 in Pregnancy

• If you need advice, CALL YOUR DOCTOR!
    badmoparmom

Answer by badmoparmom at 5:03 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• i did call. no one answered. im gunna keep trying to call tho.
    teen_mommie101

Comment by teen_mommie101 (original poster) at 5:05 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• sounds like labor is starting or will start soon, or it could be false labor. if your worried about Sophia's movement call your doctor asap, however babies kinda slow their movement at the end of pregnancy. Good luck!
    my4thbambino

Answer by my4thbambino at 5:06 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• I would call your doc or to to labor and delivery nd get checked out they can shed some light on the issue and answer all your questions. Better to be safe than sorry when it comes to the health of you and your little baby. For your own piece of mind i would go let them no whats happing. Try not to leave nothing out they will ask when the last time u had sex was etc. some pretty personal stuff but they way i look at it is its no mystery that im having sex i wear the trophy around everyday haha I wish you and your baby the best of luck
    piorkowski

Answer by piorkowski at 5:06 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• usually they will leave an emergency number for after hours on the message- for women who go into labor when the office is closed
    my4thbambino

Answer by my4thbambino at 5:09 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• And my doctor never answers the phone either lol so lets just say i know most of the labor and delivery staff by name. Im almost 37 weeks lol. But when it comes to the health of my baby they can kiss my toosh if i got a question or pains that dont go away or dont seem to get any better with the changing of positions i go up there get checked out and get my answers. Remember no one can speak for baby but you, and mommy know best trust your instincts
    piorkowski

Answer by piorkowski at 5:11 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• PS stay away from google i always stumble across the stuff that scares the poop out of me. I love cafemom rean answers from ppl who have been there. Me and google dont do well together
    piorkowski

Answer by piorkowski at 5:13 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• If they already had to stop ur contractions I would get ur behind to l&d asap if not at least a call! Bol!
    randibosin

Answer by randibosin at 5:26 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• If you can't get a hold of your doctor when you call and something like this happens that constitutes and emergency! Go to the ER!
    meandrphoto

Answer by meandrphoto at 5:32 PM on Dec. 9, 2010