what to do about this woman that wasnt even ever my MIL?

Okay..............so I have a son. His father is dangerously mentally ill. Despite all of this when we went to court there was not yet enough info to prevent them from giving him supervised visitation and then they gave him 4 nights a month. Guess this state is the kind that believes in saying " Oops oh well." Eventually he stopped seeing his son because of his nomadic lifestyle. Picked up charges that were all dropped because of his mental health, been in various psych facilities and most of this we were privvy too because his mother kept us updated so we would have the info on our side. We never had any reason to believe she was not on our side........................THAT IS UNTIL: her son ended up in the town my son and I live. He came a stones throw away from our apartment and I was hysterical and beside myself.
All of a sudden this woman that was on our side and claimed to love her grandson so much, and wants to protect him from her son, his father is screaming " Well what do you want me to do about it all the way down here( she does not live in the same State as we do) ; if there is a problem have the cops call so they can talk to me. I said they are not going to call you you need to be proactiveand call them and tell them what the deal is so they can know. You have a responsibility to do that. She pretty much refused. My son by the way will vomit upon seeing him ( as he saw him walking on the street at one point) and the same goes when he calls on the phone.) I think its more than a coincidence, he would have to be Brad Pitt to act that well.........Now he has started calling here harassing me for pictures ( REFUSING TO GIVE HIS address) saying he is coming by to pick up a picture and what did my son want for Christmas. What my son wants for Christmas is safety and security which he does not feel with any involvement from his father at all.

Interestingly enough I wrote and told his mother about his harrassment of us...............Guess what !!!!!???? No reply. I think she plays both ends against the middle and really does not care about my son at all. Her actions seem to speak way louder than her words. I am really begining to think she is just as much of a problem as he is. How would you handle this and what would you do? What I really want is to be able to make a even more definitive ultimatum ( if you will) than I already have when I told her about being proactive and notifying the proper people about her son for the safety of her grandson. I really want something that will make her see that I am telling her she is either with us or against us and thats how I see it. I want to make it clear to her that its one way or another and if she is not with us I will also not let her even have the little involvement she does now and i will treat her as hostily as what I treat her son. I am sick of this flim flam bullshit of hers I guess I am just confused as to what to do about it; and which way to go. She thinks I am a fool and I can guarantee her I am not and she wont be flim flaming me. Any suggestions????

NE1outthere

Asked by NE1outthere at 4:59 PM on Dec. 9, 2010 in Relationships

• quit talking to her
    Anonymous

• can you get an order of protection from dad? As for dad's mom... I would just cut all ties. I'm sorry you have to deal with this. If she becomes a problem you can try for an order of protection for her too.
    terpmama

Answer by terpmama at 5:21 PM on Dec. 9, 2010