Westboro to protest Elizabeth Edwards funeral!

http://abclocal.go.com/wtvd/story?section=news/local&id=7833496

sahmamax2

Asked by sahmamax2 at 5:03 PM on Dec. 9, 2010 in Religious Debate

• These people are disgusting and absolutely the antithesis of what a real Christian should be.
    sweetpotato418

Answer by sweetpotato418 at 5:36 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• Of course the Phelps clan will be picketing . Can you name a bigger event going on right now that would get them the attention they so dearly strive for.................

((note.. No I do not think of Elizabeth Edward's funeral as an "event" as in staged/party..etc.. However, it is something going on right now, that much media attention will be given to. And one in which their protest/picket will be viewed as even more outrageous/disgustion/disheartening (whatever term one wishes to use) than the last..)))
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 5:05 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• The sad thing is, they want for people to be outraged. I don't even think its about the people they picket, I think its all about the "message", the outrage, the shock factor...
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 5:33 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• Sad.. but they have chosen to enable the enemy (Satan) to deceive them in a major way.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 8:34 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• Saw on the news that they are trying to organize a "line of love" to block the morons.
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 7:00 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• this is disgusting and WRONG! I cant stand this group and it ISNT their RIGHT. The freedom that has been given for speech and protest isn't meant to be able to be doing things like this. What about the families rights to bury their family member and be treated respectfully. This group disgusts me.
    Anonymous

• I think their group is completely idiotic. They picket the "sinners" funerals...Arent we ALL sinners? They should be out there everyday at every cemetary... but they arent. They just want attention because they have no joy on their lives. I hope there is an earthquake that day, and the Earth swallos them all up. LOL
    Mme.Langley

Answer by Mme.Langley at 7:16 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• These people are unbelievable. They should be ashamed of themselves. What reason could they possibly have for doing this? Not that they ever have a good reason for any of their activities. That whole family needs mental help, IMO.
    Iamgr8teful

Answer by Iamgr8teful at 7:21 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• Ugh. There is seriously something wrong with them, in a big way. It's disgusting!
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 5:19 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• hopefully something will be done. hopefully there will be protesters protesting them. and hopefully those protesters will do it outside the funeral in respect. This isnt just a political figure lost, she was family. someone lost their mom, aunt, cousin....not just a political figure.
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 5:58 PM on Dec. 9, 2010