Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Does a husband get any visitation rights if he was unfaithful to your marriage?


Asked by Anonymous at 5:07 PM on Dec. 9, 2010 in Relationships

This question is closed.
Answers (19)
  • Being unfaitful to YOU has nothing to with his children. If that is the only reason you have to try to keep him away from his kid then your thinking crazy.

    Answer by BlainesMommy09 at 5:11 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

  • I would say yes. he cheated on his wife not his kids..

    Answer by Anonymous at 5:10 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

  • Depends on the state but Im pretty sure he does.

    Answer by Steph319 at 5:08 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

  • He should.

    Answer by ria7 at 5:08 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

  • I don't know why he wouldn't unless he is a danger to the children.

    Answer by CocoaQT at 5:12 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

  • Yes he should! Just cause its not working between you guys and he cheated on you doesnt mean he shouldn't see his kids.

    Answer by justme581 at 5:13 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

  • Yes. Cheating is not something that would deny a parent visitation or custody in a divorce.

    Infidelity has no bearing on someone's ability to parent/supervise their children.  

    For a parent to be denied visitation there needs to be serious issues such as:  abuse, neglect, drug addiction..etc.  


    Answer by pixie_trix at 5:13 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

  • Of course!! Your children have the right to have their father in their life (as long as he wasn't abusive). Never deny your children the right to see their father just because you've been burned. In the end, you only hurt your kids and they will resent you for it.

    Answer by worriedmommy600 at 5:16 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

  • Being unfaithful in a marriage has nothing to do with the kids in family court. As much as we hate the man who cheated on us (yes, my ex cheated on me numerous times) the man is still the father of your children. And, unless you can prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that his affairs are physically injurous to the children, the court will grant him shared custody and/or visitation.

    Answer by specialwingz at 5:11 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

  • Yes and even the wife gets to keep the kids in most cases if she cheated.

    Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 5:18 PM on Dec. 9, 2010