Did he ever do anything weird or out of the ordinary for you....

Your SO/DH, at the beginning of your relationship. Go overboard to win your heart, or freak you out and make you want to run??

bjojola

Asked by bjojola at 5:15 PM on Dec. 9, 2010 in Relationships

• He freaked me out but in a totally good way. I had dated so many guys with roaming hands I had begun to dread first dates with new guys. My husband to be was nothing but a perfect gentleman. He came to the door and spoke to my Mom about where we were going and approximately when he expected to return. (Her mouth fell open..LOL), He opened doors, took my arm when we crossed the street, kept his hands to himself at the movie. We talked, a lot. When we got back to my house he walked me to the door and told me he had a wonderful time. He leaned down and kissed me ever so briefly on the cheek and said goodnight. He was down the drive and driving off before I got the door closed. #02 yrs ago..and it still makes me smile to recall that night. Being the 'uncreep' won my heart.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 5:24 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• He's been doing weird/out of the ordinary things for over four and a half yrs. That's what makes him interesting. He's freaked me out a lot but then I have always led a sheltered life so I'm easily freaked out!

Answer by admckenzie at 5:19 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• my so did both !
    mrzshanteb23

Answer by mrzshanteb23 at 5:19 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• no...he was pretty charming...it's only now that he's doing unbelievably stupid, inconsiderate shit. I swear, this man was smarter when he was 20 than now that he's turning 41.
    ShouldHaveLeft

Answer by ShouldHaveLeft at 5:21 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• Yes one sweet thing that sticks out is he just ran up to the door and handed me a tupperware of his moms (to die for) chicken and dumplings. He said he knew I was busy but chicken and dumplings made everything easier and he went on his way. So sweet (I'm wondering if his mom put him up to it lol)
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 5:27 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• He spoiled me to death, Always paid for everything lavished me with gifts was always there when I needed him! He even took me away on vacation all expenses paid. He loved me more then he does now It's sad!
    Darla47

Answer by Darla47 at 5:40 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• when we were dating he smothered me all the time. every minute of every day he had to be with me. made me want to run. i tried getting a break but he cried and said that breaks always end bad. poor guy was crying. needless to say by that time i got used to it so the break lasted about 2 days.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 5:43 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• no not really but i wish he had
    Ricanmami1

Answer by Ricanmami1 at 5:55 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• I met my husband online. I told him that someone was planning on visiting me from out of town. He said that that wouldn't happen because he (my husband) would sweep me off my feet.

He was right! :-)
    Simplicity3

Answer by Simplicity3 at 6:15 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• My friends wanted us together so they always told him where I would be. One day he showed up when I was at the laundry mat and paid to was and dry my clothes. It doesn't sound like a big deal, but I could use the money I saved to put gas in my car. (I was broke back then, and gas was .99/gallon, so $5 could go far)
    Bubbie0809

Answer by Bubbie0809 at 6:41 PM on Dec. 9, 2010