Do you think unemployment benefits will END or CONTINUE??

newmom28

Asked by newmom28 at 5:19 PM on Dec. 9, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I think they will continue. If they dont there will be more in the welfare line. More homeless...... I dont see any other choice.
    voni681

Answer by voni681 at 5:22 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• I think for right now they will continue but I don't look for them to last forever. Welfare can't handle all of those people either.
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 5:25 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• I am hoping they end. sorry but too many are taking advantage I see it every day around here. If you haven't worked in two years then the problem is with YOU. There are jobs out there maybe not the job you want or the job that will pay all your bills but you then need to get two or three jobs, move to someplace cheaper, whatever it takes becasue this is where it is at and sitting around waiting for extended benefits is ridiculous. The economy has changed and is NOT going to get back to what it was before for a VERY VERY VERY long time. So people need to adapt to the fact that life WILL be different.
    Anonymous

• um, im hoping it will continue.

when my husband was honorably discharged from the army due to a gunshot wound in his knee, and i couldn't work because i LITERALLY just had our 3rd child, he qualified for unemployment. it was barely enough to get us thru the month! but we were thankful to have SOMETHING. within 2 months he found another job. if it weren't for unemployment, my family would've been out on the street. i really dont see why some people like anon are so damn harsh about it. just wait til you're in that situation and your views will change dramatically.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 5:32 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• I have to disagree with the above poster. I have been unemployed for a year and a half, have applied for all types of jobs even ones I dont want fast food and everything with no calls back. I am an educated woman who can not find a job so I think it depends on where you live. I know others in the same boat. I am not collecting UE benifits because hubby can pay the bills. I know of others who can not find work as well who would be out on the street or in the welfare line without them.
    voni681

Answer by voni681 at 5:35 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• tnm786 , you said he found a job in 2 months. I am not against unemployment, I am against EXTENDED benefits. My whole life I have been in the situation of just barely scraping by and I always found a way to do it because I didn't have a choice.
    Anonymous

• I am pretty sure they will continue.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 5:38 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• The extensions will end in 13 montths if this so called compromise goes through.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 5:39 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• I would also like to clarify that I am a total believer in the fact that we should take care of our MILITARY no matter what! tnm786, I appreciate all they do and they should always be taken care of. I am talking about NON military. So, thank your husband for me, my family and I appreciate his service.
    Anonymous

• Who knows? I think 99 weeks is a bit excessive and long enough to find a job. If a person has to move to find a job they have to move sucks but that is life.

Anonymous