Doe anyone have a daughter that is a tomboy?

I have a 7yr old daughter and she loves to dress like a boy, play with boy stuff, she always talks about how pretty girls are she doesnt like dolls, barbies, or anything pink. Im wondering if maybe this is a phase or i dont know?? Anyone else have a daughter like this???

JCoutureDallas

Asked by JCoutureDallas at 5:32 PM on Dec. 9, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• I wouldn't worry about it. I was a tomboy growing up and I love to hunt, fish, go mudding, and 4 wheeling. Plus I look like a girly girl so it works out well for me:)
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 5:34 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• Thanks!
    JCoutureDallas

Comment by JCoutureDallas (original poster) at 5:42 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• I was like this. Sitll am in a lot of ways. Granted I love to dress up too, but I loved riding bikes, riding horses, getting dirty, climbing trees, etc. I prefer that in girls, rather than prissy little princesses. lol
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 8:44 AM on Dec. 10, 2010

• My daughter (age six) is very rough-and-tumble. She loves playing "Zombie Hunters" with her brother and his friends out in the woods, she's a very tough little girl, not scared of anything and can hold her own with these boys, who are 9 and 10. At times she will insist on being called "Tom" and pile her hair under a baseball hat. Then there are other times when she want to have her nails done and she's particular about looking pretty at school and for special occasions, and she loves her dolls and tea set. I think it's just down to the individual child's personality and how they express themselves at different times.
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 12:09 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• I was a tomboy. I stil am! I watch football, play basketball/football,etc.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 12:20 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• My SS is 8 & a tomboy. She lives in track pants & hoodies & asked for a remote control car for Christmas. She loves to play sports & be with the boys. It might be a phase or this might be her personality. Let her know that you love & support her however she chooses to dress. But careful, though, of putting her under the tomboy heading & leaving her there. Next year, she might want to be a girly girl, you never know.
    SaraBeth1204

Answer by SaraBeth1204 at 2:14 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• sounds like me when i was growing up... and i'm fine! lol!
    asil

Answer by asil at 8:03 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• Yeah, she's a tom boy, but not as extreme as yours. I like it. Girly-girl stuff is annoying.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 7:47 PM on Dec. 12, 2010