Is anyone getting family xmas pix done?

My husband and I want to get our first family portrait done with our newborn ds for Christmas, but we're not sure where to go and what the price range is for them. Any suggestions?

slowyourrole

Asked by slowyourrole at 5:44 PM on Dec. 9, 2010 in General Parenting

• i want to do the same ! but i dont have any idea either ! i was thinking about babies r us or maybe picture people but they are kinda expensive for no reason !
    mrzshanteb23

Answer by mrzshanteb23 at 5:46 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• We are getting ours done at Olan Mills. They are inside Kmart. Anyway the package I always get everytime we get pics taken is $119 and that includes 9 sheets( whatever you want on the page, 1 8x10, 2 5x7,4 3x5, 8 wallets etc) and the picture cd(best value) the cd also buys you the copyright to your photos so that you have the rights to have them printed anywhere. So what I do is keep what I want of the pictures, give a big one to each grandparent and get a bunch printed off for friends and family.
    BlainesMommy09

Answer by BlainesMommy09 at 5:48 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• Target is cheaper and they turn out nice
    MommyH2

Answer by MommyH2 at 5:48 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• Our family has always went with Sears. You can get a coupon too in almost every parenting magazine
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 5:56 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• we go to portait inventions and they do good. You can change outfits, get photos someday, go to a computer and look over the shoots they took and can choose the one you want. Can get a pack of photos for about ten dollars. A big size one, two five by sevens, 32 wallets, and even some middle size ones. We just went there this year and last year to do our photo cards and they came out great. They even use things like chairs, reading a book, standing up. I think you will like their photos.
    momindiana

Answer by momindiana at 6:03 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• We always go to sears. But no we arent doing any this year. Money is just too tight.
    Sophie4910

Answer by Sophie4910 at 6:19 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• IMO, the pictures I have taken have always been nicer than the professional ones we have had done. I dont have a fancy nice camera either. When you take your own, you can take as much time, and photos as you want. At a studio, you have a time limit, or frame limit. Dress yourselves nice, take a camera and a stand, even just a fold out TV table, and go somewhere pretty like a park, or your favorite spot. Use the delay button, and click away!

After about 2 hours, a crying fit because she was afraid of the giants eggs, and over 200 pictures, I finally got this shot for our easter card last year. Its at one of my great uncles house...

Mme.Langley

Answer by Mme.Langley at 7:04 PM on Dec. 9, 2010