Cheated. adult content

He cheated. I just told him "NO MORE! I AM FINISHED." on the phone today, and I hung up. I love him so much. He sent me this long text after the phone call of him being ''sorry.''

How do I go about getting overhim emotionally ?
We weren't living together. This is my daughters father and we were working things out
but again he cheats. No more chances.

Why does part of me just want to hug him, and why do I wish he'd call over and over? :(

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:46 PM on Dec. 9, 2010 in Relationships

• You want to hug him because the fact that he is a liar and cheater doesn't mean that's all there is to him, he has his good side and you have good memories as well. It's hard because you just found out, give it time it gets easier to move on. I'm sorry for what you are going through, but you know you and your daughter deserve better.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 6:10 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• Because although you know that he will never change...that he will continue to treat you over and over like this again and drag your heart through the mud...in the back of your head there is a little voice that says "wait...what if I leave and then all of a sudden he turns into this amazing, caring, loving, faithful man and I miss it" or the other one "wait...what if I leave right when he's about to turn into this amazing, caring, loving, faithful man and it's the next women that get to enjoy it instead of faithful, loving, steadfast lil ole me." I think that's about right but my dear...if he does change it will not be with you because since this is how it's been with you, this is how it will always be with you. He may eventually be different with someone else because she didn't put up with it from the start but he will never be different with you. I know this sounds harsh but it's the truth.
    ShouldHaveLeft

Answer by ShouldHaveLeft at 5:52 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• because you still want to be with him and you still love him with all your heart ! and your just not ready to just give up on him just yet !
    mrzshanteb23

Answer by mrzshanteb23 at 5:48 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• You dont need this and your dd doesnt either. She doesnt need to grow up thinking that thats they way woman should be treated. Especially her own mother. If you break up then she can still have a great relationship with dad. I wouldnt put yourself through this bs though. And I might be traditional but a text is not a good enough apology. If you really wanna do this then try counseling.. Best wishes!!
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 5:49 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• And not to scare you but be careful of STDs. YOu dont want your dd growing up without a Mother
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 5:51 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• cause your not healthy enough to want better for yourself. i.e. low selfesteem or abandonment issues from your father. your not setting boundaries with this man. boundaries being that you won't accept his cheating and if he cheats he's out of there. so i think you only have 2 simple options. one, is accepting who he is: a cheater, two finally realizing that you will never be happy with him and that him cheating is just to much for you to deal with. so you must leave. it's hard to do that but in time you will get over him. you have to see him for who he really is and not fall into those few moments of good times unless your willing to accept him as that cheater. so either accept and not! only thing you can't do for sure is change him....no man will change for a women if he doesn't want to.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 5:53 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• oh and he will say he wants tochange but those are just words and rarely rarely are true.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 5:55 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• well sweetie the reason why you feel that way is because you still love him but he cheated on you & you dont deserve that but you will get over it in time mama just hang in there worry about your daughter & you for know you will find love again good luck mama i hope everything works for you sweetie
    Ricanmami1

Answer by Ricanmami1 at 6:02 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• I remember when my DH broke up with me at the beginning of our relationship because of a misunderstanding (he thought i cheated, but he was just being a paranoid freak) He told me to stop calling him, so i did. BUT, he later told me that even though he wanted me to stop calling him, he secretly would wait for me to call...even though he was super pissed at me, he secretly wanted me to call him non-stop. Weird. I think people feel that way because even though they're so mad at that person, they still love them & want them. And they want to feel like that person wants them also.

Good job for leaving him though, you deserve much better. Hopefully he can learn from his mistakes & treat his next girlfriend with more respect.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 6:44 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• part of you want to hug him because he was your partner
    but partners do not cheat
    and it sounds like not the first time
    you will get over him, but it will take some time
    when you start to think baouthim with your heart, and feel all lovey dovey (forgetting the crap he pulls) switch to thinking with your head
    it is easy to excuse one thing at a time, think of all things he did at the same time=impossible to swallow all the crap at once

remember the bad times
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 7:09 PM on Dec. 9, 2010