Ways to make money

Help! I'm not looking for people to try and sell me some websites to help me make some fictional money. I'm looking for actual ideas on how to make extra money. I want full detail and experiences. Please and Thank You.

Shanti0327

Asked by Shanti0327 at 5:49 PM on Dec. 9, 2010 in Money & Work

• Girl, there are so many things you can do to make money at home.  eBay is probably the best one that you can make the quickest and easiest money from!  You can also do some customer service work from your home computer.  I know that Convergys hires for home workers as does Sprint here in my town.  I have some great ideas... actually I blog about them.  Here is my Blog, if you'd like to look through it.  I discuss ideas and opportunities that I have found or thought of myself.  I do not promote or sell anything.   Mavi's Home Work.  If you're not interested, that's fine too.  I just suggest that you do a lot of research on what interests you. 

m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 6:25 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• You can get a job from home but kiddos probably wont be allowed to be around. i sell my old things oncraigslist. i also work at home helping people sign up for legal care.

when people cant make thier bills, someone needs to be on their side.
    IraqiVetWife

Answer by IraqiVetWife at 6:35 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• I'd be more than happy to share my experience...

I've worked from home for 9 years doing online advertising and setting up wholesale accounts for a 25 year old environamental company. (They are like a green version of Costco) Typically, at home businesses have you out pushing products. I love that with this company we're not selling anything. We actually don't have anything to do with the retail side of the business.

I went from quitting my job and making nothing to being a stay at home Mom who's earned over half a million dollars working 3 hours a day from home with my 4 young kids right by my side. It has literally change my life.

We're specifically looking Moms who have a professional background, good communication, work ethic and the ability to work flexible, consistent hours.

www.mymomsoffice.com
    Toll Free 877-489-3878

familyvalues

Answer by familyvalues at 8:04 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• I have been working for the past 5 years for Mia Bella. It has given me the freedom and flexibility to make money from home.

You will make 30 to 50% profit for retailing - and that is money RIGHT away...you don't have to wait til the end of the month. We are direct sales but unique as we do NOT have all the requirements that most others have. So no pressure to do aspect that you do not want or enjoy.

Mia Bella is really simple - fun and profitable and like I said you can work it around YOUR schedule! You can learn more about our candle business here http://simplebellabusiness.blogspot.com/p/candles-business.html

Let me know if you have any questions! More than happy to help and see if this will be a good fit for you.
    Cheryl
    candlesbychill

Answer by candlesbychill at 9:05 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• Do you have a former employer you could work for remotely?
    You can search for jobs that match you skill set and have a telecommute option.
    If you have a computer with high speed internet & Microsoft Office Pro & have at least intermediate MS Office skills, you should be able to find work as a virtual assistant (VA). For more information, go to http://www.ivaa.org/ http://www.iavoa.com/ http://www.vanetworking.com/
    Do you have a skill or experience that you can turn into a home based business? I have a friend who makes children's hair accessories in her basement & sells them to boutiques.. My husband runs a handyman business from our home. I work from home with two lines of business; I do freelance bookkeeping & business organization, I also do career and job search coaching; additionally, I handle the business end of my spouse's business, and do medical billing and coding one day a week for one of my bookkeeping clients.

Answer by rkoloms at 9:47 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• Ebay, Etsy, garage sales, pawn shops, freelance writing, daycare.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 12:06 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• Wow it sounds like you've been handed some scammy garbage in the past or talked to some desperate folks not necessarily looking to help you in any specific way.

Honestly, the only thing I have any decent experience in is direct sales. Most of my business is done online, because that's the most convenient for me. Typically, I either refer people to a live online presentation and follow up with them after - because my son is young and requires a lot of my attention still. Because the products are things we all use everyday already, nobody is required to spend any extra money. They simply switch stores and shop for healthier, safer, cheaper products that are delivered straight to their door. With my team, you wouldn't be required to purchase a website, and we don't hand out catalogues. We set appointments and get the correct information to our prospects. If you'd like to talk about it, feel free to PM me!
    atowers

Answer by atowers at 4:49 PM on Dec. 10, 2010

• I just started using this website called Varolo.com. I watch tv commercials on the site. It is totally free and it just launched. I watched 15 commercials from 15 sec to 1 min long. I have not gotten any cash from it yet but I figured what the heck I sitting in front of the computer all day anyway why not try this and see if it works. It really costs nothing to join and watch. I have never put my credit card info or any bank info on the site. They pay you through paypal. Just thought you might want to try it. Here is my link. http://www.varolo.com/village/abartender If you join my village I get money when you watch commercials too, and when you sponser people you make money when they watch. It is a really cool idea... wish I had thought of it. Just try it! I had nothing to lose, any little bit helps when you are out of work like I am
    mitzu3000gt

Answer by mitzu3000gt at 10:53 AM on Dec. 14, 2010

• Making money from home is not easy...... Couponing is a good way to save money - try blogs like moneysavingmom.com, forthemommas.com I actually saved over 3000 this year in coupons - BIG business. Time and work but that's what working for someone is too.

Also: There is a way, that you and I can build and earn a residual income on energy bills. The company right now is in TX, GA, and just came to PA a few weeks ago. We will be going into a new state every 3-6 months. Let's get together for a cup of coffee and we can watch a webinar - email me at expandpa@comcast.net. This is an exciting time for people who position themselves with this company.
    Sandy
    nma928

Answer by nma928 at 11:59 PM on Dec. 30, 2010

• My husband and I work full time from home. My husband is a professional internet marketer, together we have a few home businesses, and I have recently penned my first book. Tthere are many companies that offer the opportunity to work a traditional job from home, but it sounds to me like you're looking for a home business. The easiest thing for you to do is to first figure out what you are passionate about and try to find a product or service within that niche. After which, you definitely to do your research on the company you find looking over their compensation plan, are they built for longevity, along with other important aspects to protect yourself. I can direct you to great info to help you in your research.

I am passionate about travel, so I've chosen to join an exclusive discount travel club and I am paid a commission anytime I recommend a new member. I also pay commissions to other moms who would like to sale my book
    Mommiebiz824

Answer by Mommiebiz824 at 12:08 PM on Jan. 3, 2011