Can your get pregnant on your period?

I have read so much stuff online over this and I was just wondering. I would say no cause you ovulate around 10-14 days past the first day of your cycle, but there are women who say they have. I have really irregular periods so I dont know when I ovulate or when my next cycle will be.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:01 PM on Dec. 9, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• not everyone has a "normal" ovulation schedule...I've heard you can get prego on your period due to this
    MommyH2

Answer by MommyH2 at 6:03 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• Everybody's cycle is different. Yes, it is possible.
    leasure0911

Answer by leasure0911 at 6:03 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• very unlikely.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 6:04 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• My mother did she always had irregular cycles. I have irregular cycles as well but i would never get pregnant during a period because i wouldn't have sex during that time either. I can wait haha. Don't want my period blood to have tints of white in it ya know its gross enough.
    Crystal8327

Answer by Crystal8327 at 7:00 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• The ONLY way to "get pregnant on your period" is if you have VERY short cycles (typically less than 3 weeks) and the sperm stays inside the uterus or fallopian tubes to fertilize the egg that is released directly after your period ends.

Many women DO mistake ovulatory bleeding for a period and you obviously CAN get pregnant during ovulatory bleeding because you are ovulating!

It's VERY unlikely and truely VERY rare. Most women who "got pregnant on their period" had other factors involved.
    Anonymous

• Umm anonymous it can happen. ANd I think most women know when they have their period versus in between spotting. Do I have to describe in detail the difference between a period and spotting. Some women are very irregular. I have never ever had a 28 day cycle neither did many of my family members. Because of this I found out i was pregnant by accident ( i didnt have sex during my period but just didnt even know when my period was "due" and found out i was preggo by having a ultrasound for a cyst and they said umm you are pregnant) had i not went to that appointment i probably wouldn't of realized i was pregnant till the next month.
    Crystal8327

Answer by Crystal8327 at 9:41 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• For some people it is.
    MommyTanisha

Answer by MommyTanisha at 11:00 PM on Dec. 9, 2010