SOMEONE PLEASE HELP I AM SO SCARED!!!!

Okay, I was cooking dinner and I had breaded raw turkey cutlets in a foam plate. The plate must hae fell on the floor without me realizing and my 1 year old took it and got few licks on it....I am so worried something is going to happen to him...Should I worry?? Granted they were breaded and there wasnt much of anything on the plate I am so worried, Please advise.....>Happy holidays

MaMaTreZZa

Asked by MaMaTreZZa at 6:05 PM on Dec. 9, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I would just keep an eye on him, I dont think that there is much a doctor can do in prevention of salmonella or other illnesses.
    leasure0911

Answer by leasure0911 at 6:07 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• No big deal.

It's not like it was toxic acid and just because meat is uncooked it doesn't mean it has e-coli. It's just that the cooking process would remove and e-coli that may have been potentially there.

If you're that worried call poison control.
    UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 6:08 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• He'll either get salmonella poisoning or he won't. Poultry should have no e-coli on it: that's a beef one.

There's nothing you can (or should) do about it until he exhibits symptoms. Then, you'll have to watch him for signs of dehydration. Food poisoning can be dangerous at this age.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 6:11 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• my son had salmonella once when he was 1...I really hope your son doesn't get it...but if he does it will take 3 days before the symptoms start. the health dept came to my house to "investigate" possible reasons for my son to get it...they figured that he contracted it on july 4th at a picnic b/c it was exactly 3 days before the explosive diarrhea and cramps began. i don't mean to scare you but just watch over the next 3 days and if it starts then get him to the hospital right away and tell them you want a stool sample run on him.
    MommyH2

Answer by MommyH2 at 6:13 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• Duh...salmonella.
    UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 6:23 PM on Dec. 9, 2010