Did anyone run during their pregnancy?

I'm an avid runner, but running while pregnant is a totally different beast. I'd love any advice :)

RunnerLara

Asked by RunnerLara at 6:27 PM on Dec. 9, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Yes I ran up until my 7th month
    Syphon

Answer by Syphon at 6:41 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• Sorry didn't read the rest of the question. I just took it slowly and listened to my body. I used to say I was wogging rather than jogging ....somewhere between a waddle and a jog...lol. Make sure you stay hydrated and be sure not to get overheated. I would also clear it with your doctor first.
    Syphon

Answer by Syphon at 6:51 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• I was a high impact aerobics instructor when I got pregnant with my daughter and my SO was freaked out because I wanted to continue teaching. We went to the doctor and asked him ans he said "look, her body is already freaking out so if she stops doing something that she's already use to doing on a regular basis, it will freak out more. Her body will tell her when it's time to stop." And that's exactly how it happened, I did high impact aerobics through my 8th month of pregnancy until one day when I went to take a jump and when I came down I had no air. That was my last day till after her birth.
    ShouldHaveLeft

Answer by ShouldHaveLeft at 7:00 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• As long as you did it before pregnancy then it's fine.

Your body will tell you when it's time to stop.

The only thing you need to worry about is if you start bleeding or cramping which is unlikely. If that happens stop and see your doctor. Otherwise run to your hearts content.
    Anonymous