What would you do....

My childs father and I have been broken up for 6 months or so. We broke up b/c he is an alcohlic and couldn't get his act together. We were together for 10 years and have a 5 year old child together. I am 26 if anyone cares to know lol. The question is I don't know how we should do xmas I would be fine with him coming over before our child wakes up and him just bring his gifts over. He is fine with that too....we get along great when his drinking prob don't get in the way and plus he just started AA meetings like a month ago and he attends them daily. So would you do Christmas together or seperate???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:48 PM on Dec. 9, 2010 in Relationships

• Let him come over and spend time with the child for a little while. But only do this if you are comfortable.
    EttaMay

Answer by EttaMay at 6:50 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• Together...he's trying so cut him a little slack and don't give him an excuse to relapse...us alcoholics love any excuse to pick up
    ShouldHaveLeft

Answer by ShouldHaveLeft at 6:51 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• I think it would be nice to do Christmas together but it may rekindle some feelings between you perhaps?
    Darla47

Answer by Darla47 at 6:52 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• well I wouldn't want him alone with the kids
    xbabygirlz

Answer by xbabygirlz at 6:53 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• If you get along with him there is no reason you can't do it together. Especially if you are interested in reconciling once he gets his drinking problem in check.
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 6:54 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• together is fine, as long as it wont end up in a fight at all. it's always best to include the whole family in things when you can. my ex and i do that whenever we can
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 6:58 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• together so you can supervise
    i would make a time limit on visit
    say you have other palns later on, so maybe it would turn into too long of a visit
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 7:06 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• Definitely together. Unless they have YEARS of sobriety, they could easily relapse. Not saying he will, but I would just keep a close eye on them both.
    Mme.Langley

Answer by Mme.Langley at 7:27 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• together so you can supervise
    i would make a time limit on visit
    Answer by fiatpax an hour ago

I AGREE WITH THIS LADY.....I COPIED & PASTED HER POST

SHE IS CORRECT ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
    SissyAnn141

Answer by SissyAnn141 at 9:03 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• the only thing you have to worry about with doing the christmas together is your child getting confused on what is really going on. I dont know how your daughter is but my daughter is 3 and she already knows the difference of her father and I not being together. If it has not been explained to your child that her father and you are no longer going to be together it could give your child false hope that he is coming back into the home
    nicolesteele7

Answer by nicolesteele7 at 10:12 PM on Dec. 9, 2010