What, in your opinion, is too young to have sex?

It sounds like a lot of moms are ok with their teens having sex, so I'm curious what do you think is TOO young?

Personally, I think "too young" is before a person stable enough financially and emotionally to take responsibility of a child, should one occur, although I do believe the ideal is within a marriage relationship. A lot of guys don't reach that stability until their in their 20's!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:51 PM on Dec. 9, 2010 in General Parenting

• Under 21 is too young. I'm not kidding. There are more important things to do with your life.
    Too many teen pregnancies add up to a bleak future for our young people. Everyone says that 'their birth control failed"....or that they thought they wouldn't get pregnant......ec, but they do because they are too immature.
    Maybe people married in their teens a few hundred years ago because they wanted a family ---like Laura Ingalls Wilder, :Little House on the Prairie"....lol...but times have changed.
    no sex until you are old enough and smart enough.....
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 6:58 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• I would NOT be ok with my teenage daughter having sex. I think that they arent old enough until they are out of my house. And by that time they will know what its like to make their own money, and hopefully would be smart enough to wait until she can care for one...
    But realistically, Under 17, I would be upset... Before 15... I would be livid. It is unacceptable.
    Mme.Langley

Answer by Mme.Langley at 6:56 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• When they are able to accept and understand what actually comes with sex, physically and emotionally.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 6:58 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• i think that someone is ready to deal with the emotional outcome of it all, and they should also be willing and able to accept the consequences of what happens. (like a baby etc.). but 16 is definitely the age limit! (which makes me sound like a hypocrite cause i had my son at the age of 15 pregnant at 14. but i wasnt ready so i signed away my rights)
    teen_mommie101

Answer by teen_mommie101 at 6:59 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• I thnk when you're 18 its your choice nobody ever really waits till they r married or in their 20s that is just a high expectaion tht very few uphold to. but i do thnk u should wait till your in love and they truly love you.
    JoJo112909

Answer by JoJo112909 at 7:02 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• Ideally, I agree with the being old enough to be responsible for any of the outcomes of a sexual relationship and be finacially and emotionally mature.
    Realistically I think 17, if in a committed relationship. If my daughter did it before that time I would be disappointed, but I would want her to feel she can come and talk to me so we can together go get her some birth control. Or at least she would be mature enough to seek out birth control on her own.
    Bubbie0809

Answer by Bubbie0809 at 7:15 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• I agree with you. I think it should be no younger than your 20's
    ready4baby2011

Answer by ready4baby2011 at 6:54 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• Realistically I have to say anything younger then 17. Personally, I think younger then 20 is too young. But really really too young would be anyone 15 or younger.
    Anonymous

• I think under 16 is definitely too young. Beyond that age, many people aren't ready for a few years. Being ready and able to raise a child is an issue if you object to having an abortion.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 6:54 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• in a perfect world all children would magically become adults when they were ready for sex, unfortunately that doesn't happen and since sex is also for recreation as well as procreation it happens before that time. i was young, but we always used protection (usually two kinds), i guess somewhere around 15ish. keeping in mind they should always use condoms bc even at that age there is no guarantee he/she isn't doing the deed with someone else too, along with a good form of birth control.
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 6:56 PM on Dec. 9, 2010