What do you think?

It seems today many people opt for abortions. I despise them and consider it murder. Am I the only one that thinks this way?

ready4baby2011

Asked by ready4baby2011 at 6:57 PM on Dec. 9, 2010 in General Parenting

• Obviously you're not the only person who thinks this or George Tiller would still be alive. Abortions have been legal since 1972. There's just been more coverage about them since the advent of the internet & cable.
    Anonymous

• I think there are always unusual circumstances cited that grey the ethical lines, but basically, I agree that abortion for birth control is very wrong.
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 6:59 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• I think it should be banned and anyone that gets an abortion should rot in prison on 1st degree murder.
    ready4baby2011

Comment by ready4baby2011 (original poster) at 6:59 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• You're entitled to hold that opinion. But its the law that they are legal. Its also within ones rights to make medical decisions regarding their own body without society in general inferring with it. Just because you hold one opinion on it doesn't make it the only right way to think. You may firmly believe its murder & another my firmly believe its removal of unwanted tissue in their body. Its like religion. You can firmly believe God exists & another can firmly believe he does not. Just because you think your right doesn't mean you are.
    Anonymous

• I'm against abortion too, but I don't know that I'd take it as far as you just did. This should be interesting.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 7:04 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• in that case it doesnt mean anyone is in that matter. That child was given to you by God. It is a blessing that he bestowed upon you and if you murder his blessing I think it is wrong. Honestly it isnt that childs fault it was concieved. If they dont want a baby then they need to keep their legs closed and the pole out of the well. That child is a human being also. Would you or anyone else want someone to come and ABORT the life of a child that is already born and living. That is basically what it is.
    ready4baby2011

Comment by ready4baby2011 (original poster) at 7:07 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• I had one. It was not the right time for me to have a baby. I have since had 2 kids. I don't regret my choice. Everyone can make her own decision.
    Anonymous

• You aren't the only one who thinks that way, but I sure don't. I dont think its right for it to be used at a form of regular birth control. But if it is within the first 2 months, I am fine with it. Not for me personally, but I think if you cant take care of a baby the way it should, and its that early, its your choice, and I wouldnt judge you. But late term pergnancies are another story. But I wont go as far as you. I just dont approve of it.
    Mme.Langley

Answer by Mme.Langley at 7:09 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• i totally feel the same. but there are some cases where an abortion should not be looked down upon.
    teen_mommie101

Answer by teen_mommie101 at 7:11 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• I feel as though that there are too many families out there that want to have a child but for some reason cant. If you are blessed with a child and dont want it then give the baby up for adoption to some family that will love it and take care of it.
    ready4baby2011

Comment by ready4baby2011 (original poster) at 7:11 PM on Dec. 9, 2010