Okay ladies.. i have a 5yr old little girl and she is in kinder and was doing well considering she had a rough pre k experience..

they moved kids out of each kinder class to fill the class of a returning teacher. well sad to say my daughter is not doing good in this new class.. this new teacher is saying my daughter is not listening to her and not doing her work just down right doing whatever she wants.. and I was shocked.. cause i told this teacher she did not have any issues with her prior teacher so i don't understand.. and the teacher tells me she knows because she talked to her prior kinder teacher and she also told her she didn't have these issues with my daughter.. I am so upset that they moved my daughter in the first place.. and just need some advice on the matter.. now i did spank her and explained to her she can not do what she wants she has to listen to her new teacher.. any advice

jojo153

Asked by jojo153 at 7:14 PM on Dec. 9, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Get her moved back and QUICKLY. We had that very same experience with my granddaughter last year. It's not the child, it's the teacher. She deserves to be happy and love school. Tell them you will accept nothing more... Go, call them NOW------>>>>!
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 7:16 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• Talk to the director and insist on her moving back or out of the program.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 7:18 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• Do not spank for this, the chid is having problems talk to her, the new teacher is not good for her!
    Move her back tomorrow!
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 7:27 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• Clearly your daughter is not dealing well with the change. How many of us deal well with leaving a place we like for a place we don't know - and she's only 5. I would talk to the principal or whomever is in charge and ask to have her moved back.

I'd say give the teacher a chance to win your daughter over, but if the teacher knows she behaved well in the other class and hasn't done anything to bring your daughter around, then she isn't going to.
    sweetpotato418

Answer by sweetpotato418 at 7:30 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• Talk to the teacher and the principal. Explain that she had a rough pre k experience and discuss the possibilities of going back to the previous K teacher. Please don't spank her for this. She needs your support.
    Anonymous

• thank you all.. i will talk with the principal tomorrow and hopefully they will let her move back to her original teacher.. i just don't know what i am going to do if they refuse.. this school is horrible.. well i shouldn't say the school. but some of these teachers i wonder how they are teaching at all.. i am trying to deal with it the best i can because i know we are leaving to germany soon when my husband gets back from deployment. thanks again ... i will let you know how this goes tomorrow with this principal..
    jojo153

Comment by jojo153 (original poster) at 8:12 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• The fact that you will be moving is another bit of information for you to use in explaining that she has many changes to deal with this year and you fell it best that she be with the previous teacher. Best wishes.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 8:23 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• It sounds like she is having a really hard time adjusting, poor kid. Some children just do not do as well with change as others do, and the school should have been able to recognize that and left her were she was.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 8:43 AM on Dec. 10, 2010

• i would skip the spank, talk to your daughter... and talk to the school, express your concerns... but honestly it comes down to dicipline with your daughter.
    asil

Answer by asil at 8:02 PM on Dec. 11, 2010

• She needs time to adjust. The school may not be able to move her back because they have class size restrictions and what not.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 7:47 PM on Dec. 12, 2010