Where would one go to send soeone dear to my heart for Christmas help.

I would like to know where one would go to get Christmas Help for their kids?
they will have a black Christmas with no Christmas presents for the kids to open.

alomondtea

Asked by alomondtea at 7:16 PM on Dec. 9, 2010 in Holidays

• is it to late for toys for tots? go to the website and sign them up now!
    LuvMyMedic3ID

Answer by LuvMyMedic3ID at 7:18 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• Okay I will tell her thanks so much
    Merry Christmas to you & Your family
    alomondtea

Comment by alomondtea (original poster) at 7:20 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• If you go to good will or st vincent depaul and tell them you are in need, I think they will give you what you need. Plus, check with the local church or if she belongs to a church check with them. If all else fails, she can be creative, she can make certificates and wrap them in boxes so the kids can have the fun of opening gifts. The certificates can be for things like a day that the child can make all the decisions (like dinner, what to watch on tv, etc) or a room make over (mom can rearrange what they already have and maybe mix it up with other things in the house) or one full day of playing games all day, a day of art, etc . That kind of stuff, you would be surprised how they can get excited about that kind of stuff. Merry Christmas, I hope they won't let not having money ruin the joy of Christmas!
    Anonymous

• Call your town offices, police department, fire department, & any local churches and ask if there are Christmas programs you can sign up for. Also go to your state, city, and county websites (Google them) and search for charity programs and/or use the "contact us" links to call about programs. There are many programs out there but they all have different names and you need to put in the research. You also might call your three top TV stations (Google CBS, ABC, and NBC for your area) if you do not see any Christmas charities info on their website. They all have these programs. Also, someone mentioned WIsh Upon A Hero. I do not know about this charity but you can Google their website. GL

elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 7:34 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• Call your local newspaper or get info from their website. They have Christmas funds too.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 12:12 PM on Dec. 10, 2010