my daughter loves to bite. how can i get her to stop?

she is 16 months old and she is always biting. i mean she doesnt only do it when shes mad she can be in a very good mood laughing and then she will bite you. i heard about teething but i am certain that is not it. the dr says it a way she can show her moods. i tell her no bite all the time but this just doesnt seem to work . should i just let her grow out of it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:46 AM on Jul. 6, 2008 in About CafeMom

• Bite her back and she'll know how it feels and maybe she won't do it again! I'm not saying bite her hard, just enough to show her it hurts and shouldn't be done to others!
    jon6pat

Answer by jon6pat at 2:14 AM on Jul. 6, 2008

• In situations that my daughters did something I did not like... I would get down to their level, talk to them in the eye and explaining their wrong behavior.  Also, to specifically help with biting, I found this article for you: http://www.ehow.com/how_18479_stop-children-biting.html  Good Luck!
    cldetary

Answer by cldetary at 9:44 AM on Jul. 6, 2008

• well this might sound mean but slightly bite her back to show her ithurts or act like your crying when she bites you and say no. my son was a biter after i showed him that biting hurts the second time he stopped. but wow that was 14 yrs ago..
    smiley_36

Answer by smiley_36 at 2:03 PM on Jul. 6, 2008