do you see this as an issue?

let me first say: it is her life she can do what ever she chooses.

I seriously think my cousin should be more focused on getting her life together than following the latest Nick Manjai trend. My cousin use to be very studious and hard working. She still is hardworking but has got caught up in this hip hop lifestyle that I do not seeing being profitable to her. She wants to be a lawyer but has pics of herself half naked on Facebook. Now serious college is going to accept her (among other things). I dont want anyone to think I am bashing her I just see she is wasting time on stupid men and dumb things.

She always saying she is chasing money but I mean what for? I get wanting moeny and not wanting to be poor I get that but something about it seems childish. I get angry sometimes with her when she is like I'm chasing money... she going to the club, casino, buying party clothes. It's like you live at home..why arn't you saving for a place of your own? A car? Or paying your way through college? IDk I get really upset cause we are like the same age and I know my dream or whatever is going to take a minute she has all the opportunity in the world (no kids) to do everything now. I just get angry she is not out in the world...she is out hanging in the hood.

She did graduate from community college (very good) but it's like you gotta do more now. Just all the opportunity is there just being wasted on trying to be cool (or how she puts it a celebrity) - she use to never care about that. IDK a lot of her friends just love it but I hate it.

Jazmineamomma

Asked by Jazmineamomma at 7:26 PM on Dec. 9, 2010 in Relationships

• we all choose our own path
    sounds like she wanted one path but taking another

does she take good care f her children (if she has any?)
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 7:29 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• You can't make other people make good decisions about their lives. You just can't. Don't let yourself get bitter about her choices, because dumb as they may be, they're hers to make.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 7:31 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• She is chasing her own path.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 7:34 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• You can't pave out someone else's life for them. It just wont happen, no matter how hard you try. You can push her and lecture her all you want, but in the end all you're doing is pushing her away from you. I mean, you're on CafeMom, so you're a mother, what situation/position were you in when you got pregnant? (Great if you waited until you were married). I'm sure somewhere along the line someone tried to push you to do your best, but you just ignored it and went the other way. or someone tired to get you to follow their dream and you just didn't want that. Everyone does it at one point or another. We're human. We make mistakes and we learn from them. Let her live her life. she will learn, even if it's too late.
    AtHomeMommy-3

Answer by AtHomeMommy-3 at 7:35 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• true. maybe I never realized I was pushing my dream. I wont pretend to be happy with the things she is doing but will learn to just ignore them.
    Jazmineamomma

Comment by Jazmineamomma (original poster) at 7:37 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• @athome...what do you mean bout cause I'm on cafemom?? it's like a social networking site correct?
    Jazmineamomma

Comment by Jazmineamomma (original poster) at 7:38 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• "Cause you're on CafeMom" merely means it's assumed you're a mom yourself.

Answer by gdiamante at 7:53 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• oh. hahahaha yeah I am
    Jazmineamomma

Comment by Jazmineamomma (original poster) at 8:55 PM on Dec. 9, 2010