Telling her father we are moving??!

I am trying to decied how and when to tell my daughters father im moving out of state with her. My fiance is in the air force and is getting stationed not in the state we live in right now! She is special needs and i have and am doing all the research needed for us to move to this state! Her dad has no rights to her. I have full custody of her and im nice and let him see her! I dont know what to do. HELP PLEASE

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:28 PM on Dec. 9, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Tell him straight up, there's nothing he can do about it. You are her mother, you are her legal guardian, you have full custody. don't be afraid to tell him, I mean, what can he do? Beg you to stay?
    AtHomeMommy-3

Answer by AtHomeMommy-3 at 7:30 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• I would just tell him.
    ready4baby2011

Answer by ready4baby2011 at 7:32 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• My only concern is that he will make my life a living hell!!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 7:32 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• If he has no rights to your daughter sweetie he really cant do that legally. you can have something done about it.
    ready4baby2011

Answer by ready4baby2011 at 7:34 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• Why does he have no rights to her? I would just tell him. Of course he will be upset b/c he is her father.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 7:35 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• Before i left him i found drugs in his car. He has picked drugs over his daughter multiple times. So we went to court and he told the judge "Thats fine she can have custody i just dont want to pay child suppourt!"
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 7:38 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• Sounds like he handed you all the rights in court. Technically, you owe him no explanation at all. Not trying to be insensitive. But if he is going to make your life hell, why let him?
    specialwingz

Answer by specialwingz at 10:23 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• Thank you guys so much!!!! He hasnt made any effert to take care of her u can only try so hard to make someone want to take his daughter and spend time with her!!!!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:38 PM on Dec. 9, 2010

• You have to just tell him... you married a military man, and moving comes with the territory.... if you wait, it could be worse for everyone.
    momof2redhedz

Answer by momof2redhedz at 1:41 AM on Dec. 10, 2010

• It sounds like he cares nothing for her and wants nothing to do with her. Why do you need to tell him anything? If you feel that you must for some reason, then just tell him that you are moving not any specifics about where so that he cannot show up on your doorstep and make life horrible for your new family. Good luck and I will be praying for you.
    LadyKatya

Answer by LadyKatya at 7:40 AM on Dec. 11, 2010